3 months ago
We assist and support businesses in analysing and claiming R+D tax credits allowances and incentives.
The company is looking to employ an established R&D incentives professional (consultant level) looking to move into an assistant manager role. The successful candidate will be joining a team of positive and driven R&D incentive specialists with diverse backgrounds in science, engineering, software and tax.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager with an R&D tax relief background to work alongside a team of three, you will be reporting to the IT director.
Key essentials as Assistant Manager includes:
- Be the main contact point for smaller clients.
- Depending on experience, lead small to medium jobs and delegate to junior team members where appropriate. This will include defining the claim methodology depending on client requirements.
- Management of small to medium claims
- Write technical reports and compile claim costings (basically do delivery work) to a high standard requiring minimal change from the director.
- Assist the director with BD activities (this does not mean cold calling! We don’t really do that here). This could range from compiling proposals to speculative emails.
Day to day duties as Assistant Manager includes:
- Attend client R&D incentive meetings, communicate qualifying criteria and taking coherent and relevant notes
- Build and develop working relationships with colleagues, clients and other third parties to develop further opportunities and business
- Identification and analysis of qualifying R&D projects, activities and expenditure ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of relevant tax Legislation and Guidelines
- Apply R&D tax Legislation and BEIS Guidelines in assessing a diverse range of industries and fields
- Writing science and engineering technical descriptions and claim reports to present in a suitable format for HMRC
- Prepare R&D claim cost calculations and associated summaries of the method of assessment
- Where enquiries are opened by HMRC, contribute to achieving a resolution
- Continuously develop own knowledge & skills and keep up to date on technical and financial knowledge
Qualifications and skills
- Degree in science, engineering, computer science/software or 2 to 3 years’ experience in R&D tax
- Highly motivated and proven record of working independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Comfortable with excel
Benefits: Pension, 25 days holiday, 2K worth of training