Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
10 months ago
Role: Audit Manager
Location: Cambridge, Chelmsford and Milton Keynes
Salary: £57k + Benefits
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The role: Audit Manager
Here are some things you can expect from this commercial audit role.
- Making quality second nature. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards and quality we expect from our people.
- Own your own work. You will: oversee audit teams; be a key point of contact to our clients; assist audit partners in establishing audit approach; review audit work papers and ensure that audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Be a part of a team. You will be a part of a dynamic commercial audit team in Chelmsford, with specific responsibility for a group of employees to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Take responsibility. We will empower you to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients. You will be responsible for managing a significant portfolio of clients and will always strive to build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- Build your brand. You will have the opportunity to take on wider department responsibilities, such as pitching for new work, recruitment or people management. You will have opportunities to develop yourself and others, driving your own development with the support of your people manager.
The minimum criteria: Audit Manager
- Professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA (or CIPFA) with post qualified experience
- Experience of managing a portfolio of audit clients
Skills to set you apart: Audit Manager
- Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Experience of managing audits of mid-tier clients, across a diverse range of industries in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- A clear focus on audit quality
- Proven experience of leading client engagements and strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102/ IFRS
- Experience of IFRS and auditing listed companies (for corporate audit only) would be beneficial
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages