Reading, United Kingdom
3 months ago
Location: Reading, Cambridge, Gatwick, Southampton, St Albans or Uxbridge
Who We Are
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We're the leading UK provider of tax services in terms of the reputation, size and scope of our practice. The work we do is diverse and our clients span a range of industries, from multinational organisations, to entrepreneurs and family businesses.
We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation with an increasingly agile workforce which is why we’ve introduced Everyday Flexibility, encouraging you to balance work and life. ‘Dress for your Day’ lets you choose what you feel is appropriate to wear for each working day.
We are looking for Senior Managers to join as a key member of the Audit of Tax Centre of Excellence. The core team provide consistency year on year for both clients and The internal team teams as well as being able to develop ‘best in class’ AoT practices that drive continual improvement within the CoE. The CoE hubs will have a clear career path structure, from graduate through to director (with potential pathway to Partner). CoE graduates would join a ‘best in class’ team, working closely with, and being coached by, senior resource passionate about their work and the value they deliver.
You will have the opportunity to join the senior leadership team in both theAudit of Tax and Audit network. This will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment. You will play a key role in the Centre of Excellence Audit of Tax network and join other Senior Managers and Directors who ‘champion’ audit of tax in their local offices. They and you will lead and participate in regular network events with technical updates and training opportunities. Working within the CoE will provide the ability to maintain and hone deep technical capabilities to evaluate judgements on complex tax risks and structures. By virtue of the CoE dealing with complex audits, you will also have access to more technically complex areas earlier on in career path than in general advisory.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to being:-
A Senior Manager is required to work in the Audit of Tax Centre of Excellence as a key member of the South East and Midlands audit of tax network. To supplement your work on audits of tax and tax accounting, you will also spend c.20% of your time working with corporate tax advisory clients.
- Duties and responsibilities will involve:
- You will be responsible for delivering complex audits of tax and liaising with technical specialists and the core audit team as required.
- You will manage the tax team on each client and produce or review detailed, high quality documentation in line with the firm’s requirements and procedures.
- Managing the audit of tax process on a range of regional clients
- Managing, supervising and reviewing work delegated to junior staff
- Ensuring full compliance with audit methodologies and documentation
- Our audit of tax specialists are involved in a broad range of audit issues, including tax risks associated with international supply chain, finance structures, the impact of changing tax rules, the impact of major corporate transactions and appropriately accounting for tax uncertainties.
- Managing a client portfolio and reporting to the local and wider South East based Partner / Director Group
- Playing a key role in the technical and personal development of the local tax team.
- You will have the opportunity to work with experienced Directors and Partners across the Southeast, Midlands or North region.
- Key Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of 2:1 degree
- UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent.
- You will have gained significant audit of tax experience on complex international audits.
- You will need a strong understanding of audit risk and how this is managed through procedures and documentation.
- You will need a flexible approach to allow you to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
- You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internally.
- You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
- You will have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.
- You will have a strong tax accounting background and be capable of delivering tax accounting assistance and advice relevant to consolidated international tax provisions and impacts of changes to accounting policy.
- Experience of US GAAP is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS is essential.