about 2 years ago
What we do
With over USD 500m assets under management, we are one of Europe’s largest venture funds. We have invested in several Berlin’s unicorns such as Delivery Hero and Auto1 as well as other international companies: our portfolio ranges from many established German start-ups to successful Israeli companies, US publicly traded firms and innovative UK-based FinTech’s.
We are on a mission to create the best VC in Europe. We are constantly growing, and we are looking for talented and hard-working people who share our values and passion for the VC business.
Non-negotiable: what’s the most important thing to you?
- Native German speaker, English advanced
- experience in German bookkeeping\accounting at least 1 year
- knowledge of GAAP
The bookkeeper will be responsible for:
- Bookkeeping for German and international entities.
- Setting up a proper ledger.
- Preparation of accounting done by KPMG and working hand-in-hand with them.
- Scanning of receipts
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Issue invoices to 3rd parties
- Travel expenses
- Financial Statements
- Providing information to the external accountant (Big-4) who creates the company’s financial statements
- Review of the financial statements
- Assembling information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Communications with fund admins (Cyprus, BVI)
- Managing bank accounts
- Setting-up new bank accounts
- Relationships with banks
- Ensuring payments to be made in time
- Processing payroll in a timely manner
- Maintaining and supporting annual budget
- Calculating variances from the budget and reporting significant issues to management
- Compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Providing clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and GAAP, IFRS and German “HGB”
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience in bookkeeping, accounting or similar back-office functions
- High attention to details, thoroughness. Ability to work in a dynamic multicultural environment. High level of autonomy and “will-do” approach
- Native German speaker, good knowledge of English (at least upper intermediate)
What we offer:
- Annual bonus
- Young and highly professional team, no bureaucracy
- Additional benefits such as job ticket, Mobile for business and reasonable private usage, gym classes
- Office in one of the prime locations in Berlin Mitte with high-end office equipment
- Career growth opportunities
- Gym membership