London, United Kingdom
12 months ago
Role: Business Analyst – Technical Solutions
Salary: £40k to £50k + Additional Benefits
We are a large diverse organisation, employing over 3000 people. This role is part of the technical solutions department. Technical Solutions is responsible for driving technology innovation and deliver pragmatic and working solutions aligned with our strategic goals in its continuing mission to improve the efficiency of the operations and the customer satisfaction of the customers. Currently under an ambitious transformation program, Technical solutions play a pivotal role in delivery and customer satisfaction.
Description: Business Analyst – Technical Solutions
This role requires someone able to help the Technical Solutions department to deliver on the department organisational objectives. The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships with key colleagues across the organisation. To contribute and ensure that the business requirements are captured, analysed and organised using department tools and practices and in such way that can lead to the design of a solution and finally the delivery of that solution back to the business in a way best serving the business needs
Working with the Product Owner, the Business Analyst role is critical to ensuring that the expectations of users and stakeholders match those of the delivery team.
Skills/Experience required: Business Analyst – Technical Solutions
Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
REQUIRED Skills/Experience Business Analyst – Technical Solutions
- Experience of software requirements management in a Scrum-agile context, including a clear understanding of how the Scrum team operates.
- A good knowledge of how software delivery works, including the value of the different roles and disciplines within it.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills accompanied by good judgement of when to compromise.
- Ability to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders at all levels of seniority in a dynamic business context.
- Ability to clearly articulate features and stories in terms of business value, functionality, data and non-functional attributes.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in business analysis of requirements in IT / software development process and in tools, technics and artefacts required for this function
- Ability to create informational artefacts to support the analysis and design process, such as business process flows, data dictionaries and user personas.
- Experience working with technical colleagues to assist in understanding, design and testing of new and changed features.
- Ability to analyse data sets for trends and correlations, and to present this as evidence to support decision-making.
DESIRABLE Skills/Experience Business Analyst – Technical Solutions
- Experience of working in the Social Housing sector.
- Experience of using MS Team Foundation Server (a.k.a. Azure DevOps cloud service) for requirements management.
- Experience of running user acceptance testing or similar evaluation processes.
- Knowledge and experience in technics and tools to define and optimise user interfaces and user experiences as part of the requirements.
- ISEB/BCS professional diploma in business analysis
- Under-graduate degree or equivalent in a related discipline.