over 1 year ago
Job Title: Business Analyst – CRM and Channels
Location: London Salary: £48k - £53k
We are a G15 housing association with strong heritage. Having just implemented a large CRM application (MS Dynamics) across the organisation, we are now moving to the next phase. There is an ambitious programme of work to use CRM to improve many aspects of customer experience, including the support for new channels, digitisation of existing processes, and innovation through new technology.
This role requires someone able to help formulate, specify and implement CRM and associated technologies to deliver on those organisational objectives. The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships with key colleagues across the organisation.
Role Specific Responsibilities
To develop and maintain relationships with CRM and Channels stakeholders, including subject matter experts and senior stakeholders from the business.
To develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Product Owner for purposes of discovering, analysing and prioritising the requests made of the delivery team.
To function as an effective member of the Scrum team, working to our company Scrum practice. This includes the supporting of other team members in their work and where necessary assisting with other tasks, such as testing, training or investigation of defects.
To analyse requests to determine the business value, urgency and outcomes to assist the Product Owner in taking the right requests forwards at the right time.
To specify new (or changed) features and user stories for taking forwards into the Scrum-based delivery process. These specifications must be in accordance with agreed team practices and clearly documented or otherwise communicated to the rest of the delivery team.
To analyse and articulate information to assist in the understanding of the CRM product relationship to the business domain, the utilisation of the product and its value for the purposes of making decisions relating to the direction of the product or the operation of the CRM delivery function.
To support the Scrum Master, Product Owner, Lead Developers and Delivery Manager with information to enable effective work planning and team operation.
To maintain documentation in accordance with established team and organisation standards to support the ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of the CRM and Channels products.
To participate constructively in the continuous improvement of the team methods.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
Role Specific Skills/Experience:
- Experience of software requirements management in a Scrum-agile context, including a clear understanding of how the Scrum team operates.
- A good knowledge of how software delivery works, including the value of the different roles and disciplines within it.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills accompanied by good judgement of when to compromise.
- Ability to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders at all levels of seniority in a dynamic business context.
- Ability to clearly articulate features and stories in terms of business value, functionality, data and non-functional attributes. In particular, a good understanding of how to formulate well-formed acceptance criteria from which development be performed.
- Ability to create informational artefacts to support the analysis and design process, such as business process flows, data dictionaries and user personas.
- Experience working with technical colleagues to assist in understanding, design and testing of new and changed features.
- Experience working with MS Dynamics CRM.
- Ability to analyse data sets for trends and correlations, and to present this as evidence to support decision-making.
- Experience of working in the Social Housing sector.
- Experience of using MS Team Foundation Server (a.k.a. Azure DevOps cloud service) for requirements management.
- Experience of running user acceptance testing or similar evaluation processes.
- Under-graduate degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst in working in software development.