over 1 year ago
Who we are
The world's first Open Financial Commerce Marketplace, currently in deployment across three continents. With operations across Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia, we provide banks, corporates, and governments in emerging markets with an unrivalled platform that enables a limitless marketplace ecosystem accessed via a mobile. We believe that our technology is changing the way in which services are distributed and accessed by people in the new digital economy. We focus on building the infrastructure; connecting businesses, financial institutions, retailers, governments and others, whilst simultaneously improving financial inclusion and economic development in emerging markets. We have big investment and big plans. Come and join us on this amazing journey!
We want to expand customer base in Nigeria ahead of a new product launch, the Business Development Manager will be working with an existing team of 2ppl in Nigeria. You will spearhead the identification and engagement of new corporate (B2B) accounts in a consultative sales role working at senior management and C-level with major organisations across Nigeria. You will work closely with our executive team, product management, and Marketing teams to take our solutions to market.
- Willingness to travel 50%-60% of the time to Nigeria if based in London
- Technology sales experience
- Familiarity with the business market in Nigeria
- Proven sales experience
- Experience of working in the technology sector
Key areas of concentration for the Role
- Spearhead the New Business efforts for the Nigeria team with the focus on developing relationships with customers in the Consumer Goods, distribution, wholesale, FMCG and retail markets
- Execution of sales strategies to drive product adoption and revenue through transactions on the platform
- Prospecting, negotiation and closing of sales in collaboration with the global team
- Provide market input around sales strategy, in collaboration with global teams
- Build market intelligence and approach
- Manage your own sales pipeline, working to monthly objectives and KPI’s all through advanced use of Salesforce
- Collaborate and input into regional marketing, arrange promotional programs, activities and events
- Maintain high standards and strive for sales excellence
Must have requirements & experience:
- You should be keen on working within a start-up style environment understanding the unique responsibility, creativity and flexibility that is required and the immense rewards that come with it.
- Sales experience operating at senior management and C- level
- Experience selling complex software solutions to one or more of the following: Distributors, Wholesalers, FMCG or retailers
- Extensive knowledge of technology sales cycles and processes
- Ability to work independently, with limited resources, and selling a roadmap (future innovation)
Preferred, not essential experience:
- Experience within a fast-growing tech start-up
- Experience selling payments, platform solutions, ecommerce or marketplace solutions.
Due to working with financial systems, CRB and a basic credit check will form part of the assessment process.