6 months ago
Role: Capital Accountant
Salary: £53,000 Full time
Summary: Capital Accountant
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Capital Accountant with strong business partnering skills to join the Finance team responsible for supporting operations and central services managers in designing, monitoring and reporting against their investment plans.
Capital Accountant - Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly capital accounts.
- Complete budget setting, forecast and capital accounting activities including input into the 5 year strategic plan.
- Provide finance support to Property Services, Property Development and teams undertaking investment projects by providing timely and accurate reports, meaningful commentary and advice.
- Support teams delivering investment projects by preparing investment models and providing financial challenge to investment papers.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the finance team’s procedures and processes
- Provide technical insight into capital accounting under FRS102, the housing SORP and Housing regulations.
To succeed as Capital Accountant you will:
- Be CCAB (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) qualified and will have played a significant role in the preparation of capital investment models for a provider of low margin services.
- Have experience of using finance software to interpret financial performance, strong data analytical skills, and be able to write clear and concise reports tailored to the needs of financial and non-financial individuals.
- Have good analytical, influencing and negotiation skills are essential as you will be supporting Capital teams in preparing and monitoring the performance of investment projects against approved budgets.
- Be happy working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Be a strong team member supporting the wider finance team in the review and development of policies, procedures and systems to meet changing business needs
If you believe that you have the skills, knowledge and drive that we are looking for, and a passion for working in an organisation that makes a difference to least regarded in society, please apply for this role.