45k to 50k
4 months ago
We offer support and guidance service to our clients by delivering On-Site Support Engineers who are responsible for providing support services to the client in parallel with our dedicated Service Desk. They provide advice and guidance and complete service requests, working with the Client’s internal Unified Communications (UC) team and other support teams.
The On-Site Support Engineer provides support at a 2nd /3rd line level. 1st line support (user adoption, account setup, ‘how-to’ questions, initial diagnosis, etc.) is provided by the Client, whilst Incident/Problem tickets are logged with and resolved by our Service Desk. When a request is UC support related and is not resolvable by the On-Site Support Engineer, the ticket may be escalated to our senior Service Desk engineers for assistance or for resolution.
There is a general resource element to the work and the engineer may be asked to assist in non-UC and non-support related activities at the Client’s discretion. There is a requirement for some out of hours activities (weekends and evenings).
· Handling and attempting to resolve support requests from the Client
· Understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution
· Monitoring the customer environment and initiating actions to resolve issues identified
· System administration
· Microsoft Server, Unified Communications and related 3rd party application patching and/or post- patching checks
· Liaising with 3rd party vendors on a technical level where required
· Documentation of resolutions and root causes into the our Service Desk knowledge base
Skills, traits and experience
· A support background and outlook on services
· Technical knowledge of the Microsoft Communications Server family of products and the wider Microsoft product stack and technologies that are peripheral to Unified Communications
· Technical skills in any of the following technology areas would be a significant advantage:
o ServiceNow service management system
o Networking knowledge
o Ribbon session border controllers (SBCs) and survivable branch appliances (SBAs)
o Competella contact centres
o Verba Collaboration Recording solutions
o Actiance Vantage Compliance solutions
o A working knowledge of ITIL standards and practices, including incident management
· Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Mature and presentable
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Comfortable with owning and resolving technical issues
· Ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned with the company and Client technical team
· A desire to progress within the company and encourages, supports personal development (technical and ‘soft skills’) and has a clear progression plan for support individuals who wish to move up through the various support levels and throughout the wider company.