Farnborough, United Kingdom
30k to 50k
over 1 year ago
Salary 30k to 50k Plus benefits
We offer cloud services, focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Are you ready for that next big challenge in your career, or maybe you just want to join a more dynamic, forward thinking and progressive organisation where you can put your full range of skills and experience to better use?
We have a fantastic new opportunity, for a Cloud Support Engineer, to join our customer services team.
We operate in a faced paced and changeable environment, so you will naturally be aligned to our culture of disruption and innovation and relish the challenge of working with a variety of the latest cloud technologies.
You will be joining a dedicated team that understand the vision and culture associated with us. We aim to delight our customers by delivering agile technology that is designed to significantly reduce time, cost and risk.
If working with a market leading organisation like ours sounds exciting and you'd like to work across one of the largest VMWare cloud environments in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
- Exposure to multi-cloud services such as our award winning OpenStack platform, Azure stack and Oracle environments
- Manage and resolve customer issues, ensuring they are kept up to date on progress while driving resolution on critical public sector services
- Provision new customers and workloads on to our cloud platforms; understanding the customer project and ensuring that technical design decisions allow for a supportable and stable solution
- Respond to incoming monitoring alerts, resolving or escalating as required in accordance with priorities and agreed service levels before customers are impacted
- Ensure customer and platform changes are carried out without impacting critical customer workloads
- Provide first class customer service to all stakeholders, both internal and external customers and partners driving our culture of customer excellence
- Close collaboration with the technical operations team for deep technical issues, ultimately ensuring customer satisfaction
- Contributing to the improvement of processes and approaches within the department
- Continuous professional development, through increased product and technical knowledge
Please note we offer Engineer roles at multiple levels (Associate, Engineer, Senior and Principle), the desirable skills below are more relevant to our Senior Engineers. We are always looking for talent across all levels.
- Good customer service / service desk support experience
- Experience of working with a business-critical platform and a 24/7 ITIL environment
- Good overall knowledge of servers and infrastructure
- Problem solving skills specifically root cause analysis; able to take a problem to resolution
- Able to work effectively and deliver a high standard of work in a busy and growing office environment
- Is organised with excellent time management / prioritisation skills
- Evidence of continuous professional self-development
- Team player and collaborative
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to deal effectively with people at all levels (verbally and written)
- Experienced in the use of service desk tools, Microsoft Office, and ticketing systems (such as LANDesk)
- Linux operating system
- Networking technologies
VMware vSphere, vCloud Director, CCNA and VCP qualified depending on level of the role
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension