Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
Salary £60k to £70k
About the company
An innovative and disruptive software company specialising in Data Management, Analytical Software Development, Machine Learning and Smart Data advice. Our services and capabilities include; Structured and unstructured data, hybrid, relational, SQL and in-memory columnar Databases, Apache Big Data technology and the creation of IP and custom business applications. We work in most major industries including Finance, Insurance, Payments, Gaming, Utilities, Auto, Tech/Internet, Retail, Telecommunications, Web, Travel, Military/Government, and Manufacturing. The company has a presence in the UK, South Africa, Singapore and Australia.
The company provides a federated data application framework totally driven by metadata which helps turn client’s ‘big data’ into ‘smart data’. The framework is built on cutting-edge technologies that require talented and passionate developers to drive forwards with innovative ideas.
The Role – Core Developer
We are looking for candidates to work on the metadata driven microservices platform and whilst the codebase is predominantly written in Scala we welcome developers with experience in any modern development language. There will be some overlap with the database developers so experience in databases technology is also a requirement.
Required Skills– Core Developer
· Ability to demonstrate the ability to write clean, efficient and maintainable code in at least one modern programming language,
· Scala, Java, Kotlin, Go, Clojure, C++, Erlang, OCaml, Python,Rust, C#, F#, VB, or Haskell.
· Experience in database development and database operations.
· Must be self-motivating and have the ability to generate ideas for the future direction of the of the platform using a logical approach and clean efficient code.
· 4 years of experience in back end specifically - not front end or full stack in core programming language of candidate choice.
· Skills in distributed high volume systems is a bonus.