9 months ago
We are a UX design and software development company offering bespoke software and mobile app development
This company is expanding due to growth and demand, we are looking for backend/middleware systems implementing complex logic and third-party integrations. This should be familiar with large scale systems and is comfortable working with a team – ideally a product or service that has a large team working on multiple workstreams.
Who we’re looking for…
● Strong knowledge of Linux
● Building and scaling monitoring solutions (Zabbix, Splunk, prometheus)
● Knowledge of Windows Server
● Configuration management (Ansible/Terraform)
● Continuous integration and source code management (Jenkins, Git)
● Scripting (Bash, Python, Powershell, Groovy)
● Any experience with AWS (EC2, ELB) is a bonus
● Any experience with Docker and Kubernetes
● Be an expert problem solver
● An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
● Someone who is adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
● Enjoys keeping up to date with advances in technologies and how they can
be applied to projects
● Hardworking and willing to go above and beyond to learn new skills
● Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
● Flexible. We support lots of 24/7 businesses which means occasionally we
have to do things out of hours.
What we expect
The core solution is based around RabbitMQ, with .NET WCF and Web API’s with RethinkDB, MongoDB, and MySQL databases, with a responsive and adaptive web frontend built on React hosted on Node.js and a CMS based on Ruby on Rails so we’re looking for someone with good experience using most of these technologies.
You must be keen on keeping up-to-date with new technologies, techniques and processes, and identify where these could lead to improvements for your role.
Monitoring, maintaining and help in automating the provision of environments and
new services, as well as improving upon the current development and production
Play a major role in bringing the monitoring infrastructure up to date and within SRE
best practices. Improving both visibility of the service and alerting, implementing
automated recovery processes where appropriate and writing documentation.
You will sit within the DevOps team reporting to Head of Architecture and TechOps.
● Referral bonus
● 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
● Company Pension Scheme