Up to 22k
14 days ago
Role: Editorial Assistant (HSS Journals)
Location: London (Remote for Cov19)
Report to: Senior Publishing Editor
About our company:
• We are an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We are a growing company, with over 1,500 employees based in London, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
• We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we're dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
• We're passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
About our team: Editorial Assistant (HSS Journals)
• The Journals Editorial department is a thriving team of intelligent, highly productive people who are passionate about research. We are responsible for the management, development and growth of a large portfolio of valuable, high quality journals. We work closely with external editors, society partners, and internal colleagues to drive the success and long-term
sustainability of the program.
Could you be our new Editorial Assistant?
• Are you interested in learning about journal publishing from the inside?
• Can you juggle multiple tasks and work efficiently to get the job done?
• Are you a confident communicator who can liaise with key contacts within the company and externally?
Your new role: Editorial Assistant (HSS Journals)
• Supporting the team members in helping journals and their editors to develop their reach and impact
• Preparing publishing reports for presentation to journal editors and society
partners, keeping to deadlines;
• Sending out in the drafting of, and chasing in, contracts and addenda;
• Maintaining accurate information in our systems and databases;
• Managing changes to author submission guidelines
• Researching the market and new business opportunities
• Producing analysis of citations and other key metrics
• Supporting social media strategies
• Liaising with journal editors and societies (e.g to request information or answer queries)
• Arranging meetings, taking minutes and organising travel for selected
members of the team
• Coordinating discrete projects for the department
• Providing information for colleagues within Editorial and other departments
The candidate: Editorial Assistant (HSS Journals)
• A well-organised, proactive person, who constantly looks for the best ways to get the job done;
• Interested in learning about academic publishing;
• A confident communicator both in person and via email;
• Proficient at using standard IT packages (e.g. word, excel, outlook)
Deadline: 24th January 2021