Up to 22k
14 days ago
Role: Editorial Assistant – Online Peer Review
Location: London (Remote for Cov19)
Report to: Online Project Manager
About our company: Editorial Assistant – Online Peer Review
• We are an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We are a growing company, with over 1,500 employees based in London, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
• We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and
we're dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
• We're passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a
diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure everyone has the chance to get involved.
Job Purpose: Editorial Assistant – Online Peer Review
To support our internal and external personnel in the effective use of a number of online peer-review systems. To support the roll-out of bespoke peer-review sites, arrange for
customisation of journal workflows and provide on-going training to external editors.
The role: Editorial Assistant – Online Peer Review
• Assist the Online Project Manager in the roll-out of ScholarOne Manuscripts™ and other online peer review platforms to an agreed budgeted number of journals annually.
• Support Journals Editorial Department and Journals Production Department in queries pertaining to our online peer review systems.
• Provide help and advice to users of the ScholarOne platform.
• Attend meetings with external and internal journal editors to demo and advise on proper use of their online peer review platform in person and via web-based training.
• Support department-wide initiatives and projects, as required.
Skills and Experience: Editorial Assistant – Online Peer Review
• An interest in academic publishing and a keen appreciation of challenges and opportunities faced by the industry.
• Knowledge of journal peer review and submission systems; ScholarOne
Manuscripts™ experience desirable but not essential.
• Good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Reasonable level of IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Deadline: 24th January 2021