about 1 year ago
We thrive on technical innovation from our offices in Buckingham in the UK, Detroit in the USA and Weilburg in Germany, and has been awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise. We sell our products to 100 different countries and have distributors in more than 50 countries globally. Household names in the automotive, motorsport, GPS device testing, marine, mining and defence industries using our products include BMW, Ford, Pirelli, Goodyear, Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Honda, the US Army, JCB, and Bosch.
The Role - Embedded Linux Engineer
We are looking for an Embedded Linux Engineer to strengthen its existing firmware development team.
The successful candidate will be used to programming for embedded Linux applications using C.
The role involves development of new applications for both the Automotive and Motorsport markets as well as support and enhancement of existing firmware. Alongside writing code you will be required to analyse requirements, generate complete and accurate design documentation as well as task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning.
Key Responsibilities - Embedded Linux Engineer
- Development of BSPs, device drivers and real-time software for new and existing products
- Analyse requirements and develop design alternatives.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Have the ability to work with others in a cross-discipline team of engineers.
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation.
- Present and attend architecture, design and code reviews.
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products.
- Keep current with embedded software trends and share knowledge.
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team.
Required Skills - Embedded Linux Engineer
- 5+ years’ experience developing for embedded systems
- Strong Embedded C Programming skills
- A degree in Electronics or relevant discipline
- Proven experience with Linux BSPs and Linux Kernel
- Knowledge of device driver development
- Basic understanding of digital and analogue electronics
- Experience in reading schematics, data sheets and using test and measurement equipment
- Have the ability to solve problems and be self-motivated.
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Good knowledge of build systems
Desired additional skills Embedded Linux Engineer
- Commercial Experience using Yocto
- Strong working knowledge of Python/C++
- Development with TCP/IP Stack
- Experience working with EtherCAT
Commercial experience working with CAN Bus