Upto £80k + Car allowance
over 1 year ago
Salary: 80k Plus Car allowance and bonus
We are a world leader within the key technology areas of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling, a global supplier of components and equipments.
To manage the Shared Service Centre for the organisations based in the United Kingdom. To provide guidance to the management and organisation by means of recommendations and to challenge the organisation to improve and innovate. To offer support and deliver demonstrable added value to the business.
- Safeguarding that the UK sales company continuously improves growth and profitability through;
- Challenge fellow management team members/MD
- Support transactional product pricing and value -based pricing processes
- Secure that spending is kept in line with decided priorities
- Secure Operating Capital focus throughout the company (Inventory primarily)
Managing department employees across two sites:
- Managing a team of 8 direct reports in the Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Business Controlling, Business Insight Analysis, IT/IS, Procurement, Real Estate and Site Services departments;
- Assigning duties and coordinating work processes;
- Translating guidelines from the parent company into department-specific processes;
- Motivating and stimulating employees and providing professional guidance;
- Anticipating the results to be delivered, monitoring the daily routine;
- Monitoring the efficiency of the department;
- Monitoring the quality of the work;
- Initiating and holding job performance interviews and appraisals.
Dealing with tax, insurance and legal matters:
- Checking and attending to the corporation tax return completed by the tax advisors
- Co-ordinate UK tax group
- Maintaining contacts with the tax authorities;
- Discussing tax matters directly with the Tax Manager of the parent company;
- Identifying developments in the areas of law and tax and translating these for the organisation’s own entities;
- Prepare and submission of the annual statutory company accounts
- Manage the external and internal audit process
- Prepare annual renewals insurance submission papers
- Main point of contact for insurance matters with the business
- Main point of contact with the Insurance Broker
Preparing the forecast:
- Organising the quarterly forecast process;
- Gathering and distributing relevant information and data (both internally and externally);
- Monitoring and checking consistency in the forecast.
Performing other duties:
- Maintaining contacts with external parties such as banks, auditors, insurance broker, etc;
- Liaising with international counterparts and the parent company;
- Translating trends and figures into comprehensible information for every level;
- Providing solicited and unsolicited advice to the organisation and challenging it to improve and innovate.
- Company nominated trustee and sub-committee secretary for Defined Benefit Schemes
- Manage Real Estate and 3rd party tenants.
Experience and Skills
- Fully qualified financial accountant educated to degree level with a minimum of 10 years experience as a Financial Controller in a similar size company. Experience must include working within a sales environment. Commercial and business minded.
- Strong leadership skills including good communication, inter-personal skills and people management. Ideally, experienced in managing both finance and non-finance teams.
- Good working knowledge of pension scheme administration
- A high level of customer service orientation
- Proactive, enthusiastic and committed.