Reading, United Kingdom
almost 2 years ago
Who we are
We are a market leader in the supply of electricity and gas and other energy-related services such as electrical contracting to business and household customers.
The role – Finance Business Partner (Retail)
This is a dual-purpose role working at the consolidated Retail level and within the Commercial and Regulation finance team. As the Retail business is separates from the Group there will be increased requirement to improve the quality and timeliness of consolidated Retail reporting, track KPIs and execute controls that span across the business.
In the Commercial and Regulation team there is a need to work with upstream stakeholders to test and gain comfort over several processes and models that the finance team rely on for budgeting, forecasting and close. There is also the need (again working with stakeholders) to improve the budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure inputs are robust and timely. There may also be the need to help deliver the month end close for The Commercial and Regulation Finance team.
Key Accountabilities - Finance Business Partner (Retail)
1. Consolidated Management Reporting
- Provide timely and insightful reporting at an Energy Services Group consolidated level to help effectively manage the business and meet Director/Board needs.
2. Budgeting and Forecasting process excellence
- Work with Retail finance team, Group and business teams to deliver an improved process for budgeting and forecasting. Ensure process and timeline is set up to allow for effective bottoms up and tops down inputs and triangulation.
3. KPIs and controls
- Work with the Commercial and Regulation finance team and relevant business teams to ensure robustness of models and data that the finance team rely on to execute their budgeting, forecasting and close processes.
- Develop a set of KPIs that allows management to determine the effectiveness of controls operating across the Energy Services Group.
4. Project Work
- Support the Divisional Finance Manager to provide specific project related activities at the BU level, such as preparation of acquisition completion accounts, chart of account changes, requesting updates to reports as a result of new cost centres.
5. Continuous improvement
- Support the Finance Manager to identify initiatives and opportunities e.g. process improvements
6. Continued Compliance
- Adhere to Group and BU specific policies and procedures
- Support External and Audit activities as required, such as providing information as requested in a timely
- Monitor and remediate effectiveness of controls by responding to breaches in a timely manner with
guidance from the Finance Manager
- Ensure accurate recording of transactions for tax purposes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience - Finance Business Partner (Retail)
Essential Job Specific Skills and Experiences
· 3+ years’ experience within a financial department
· Fully Qualified with a professional accounting body (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or CPA)
· Ability to work unsupervised and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
· Good knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures
· Awareness of current regulations including IFRS / New UK GAAP and Companies Acts an advantage
Functional and Technical Skills - Finance Business Partner (Retail)
· Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly excel)
· Degree-level education or equivalent
· Knowledge of SSE equivalent systems, processes and workflow technology
· In depth knowledge of ERP software (Oracle desirable)