3 months ago
Who we are
We are a market leader in the supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as electrical contracting to business and household customers.
The Role: Finance Systems Accountant
This is a key role working within a specialist team providing expert advice and guidance into Group wide system development projects, particularly Oracle PBCS application, impacting the Finance organisation working closely with cross functional teams from inception through to delivery. The incumbent will ideally have 3 years PQE together with a track record of successful Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS System support.
The Finance Systems Accountant will lead the systems support for PBCS across the project lifecycle, from analysis, design and development to testing and delivering training and then into implementation and business as usual. Supporting newly implemented PBCS models, they will be expected to take on responsibility for the day-to-day management and support of models together with playing an active part in further development as requirements emerge.
Key Accountabilities: Finance Systems Accountant
• Support functional design and development on PBCS systems development.
• Ensure consistent controls, policies, procedures, and standards are in place across all models.
• Work closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project deliverables are completed to plan.
• Manage ITSC faults assigned by the team through to resolution.
• Maintenance of user accounts and metadata while co-ordinating the up-date of system policies and procedures.
• Deliver end user training.
Skills & Experience: Finance Systems Accountant
• Qualified accountant with significant experience with system support and maintenance Oracle (Hyperion) Planning and PBCS applications.
• Significant experience of Financial Reporting and leading practice Planning and Budgeting techniques.
• Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework.
• Experience of analysing and mapping complex processes
• Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional workshop environment
• Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
• Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio.
• Full understanding of Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS support and maintenance, including best practice SQL coding procedures.
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills.
• Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
• Ability to work with all levels of the Organisation.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
• Proven experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment.
• Educated to Degree level.
• CCAB qualified accountant with post qualification experience.
We have an excellent benefits package commensurate with this role. Here’s a few highlights;
• Group Pension Plan
• Share Save & Share Award schemes
• Tailored internal development opportunities
• One day paid volunteering
• Generous holiday allowance, and ability to buy extra days