5 months ago
Who we are
We are a market leader in the supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as electrical contracting to business and household customers.
This is a key role working within a specialist team providing expert advice and guidance into Group wide system development projects, particularly Oracle PBCS application, impacting the Finance organisation working closely with cross functional teams from inception through to delivery. The incumbent will ideally have 3 years PQE together with a track record of successful Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS System implementations, in particular application development.
The role will play an active part of the team across analysis, design and development, testing and training and then into implementation and business as usual. Working across multiple business functions they will act as a Finance expert in support of SMEs from across the Group and in communicating change back to the Finance teams and Group Finance function. They will play a “hands on” role in the design and development of new finance systems. Post-implementation they will be expected to take on responsibility for the day-to-day financial management and support of new and existing systems and processes together with further development as requirements emerge.
Key Accountabilities: Finance Systems Development Accountant
- Lead development of PBCS for SSE
- Manage and coordinate functional design activities on key Finance related projects.
- Manage and guide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) seconded to projects by managing, planning and coordinating their activities to ensure consistent approach and successful project delivery to time and budget.
- Ensure consistent Group policies, procedures, and standards are adopted within project solutions.
- Assist the Finance Systems Development Manager, by representing Finance on a day to day basis on key projects engaging with all levels of Management hierarchy.
- Facilitate cross functional workshops to drive solution and functional design specifications.
- Work closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project deliverables are completed to plan.
Skills and Experience: Finance Systems Development Accountant
- Qualified accountant with considerable experience with system design, delivery and development, particularly Oracle (Hyperion) Planning and PBCS applications.
- Significant experience of Financial Reporting and leading practice Planning and Budgeting techniques.
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework.
- Experience of analysing and mapping complex processes
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional workshop environment
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Full understanding of Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS development techniques and best practice SQL coding procedures.
- Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, particularly Powerpoint, MSProject, and Visio.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
- Ability to work with all levels of the Organisation.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment.
- Educated to Degree level.
- CCAB qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
We have an excellent benefits package commensurate with this role. Here’s a few highlights;
• Group Pension Plan
• Share Save & Share Award schemes
• Tailored internal development opportunities
• One day paid volunteering
• Generous holiday allowance, and ability to buy extra days