Salford, United Kingdom
16 days ago
Role: Financial Controller
Location: Salford, Manchester
Salary: £40k to £50k
Reports to: The Directors
We are an energy consultancy company based in North West, the need has arisen for an experienced financial controller with senior management skills to ensure the continued efficiency and growth of one of our subsidiaries. You will work closely with the IT developers to ensure the finance operation is working efficiently and effectively.
To build processes, controls and reporting across all aspects of the business to ensure that the directors have the information they need to manage and grow the business.
To manage the financial performance and strategic growth across the group of businesses.
This is the key finance role in the business and the candidate will be expected to own and manage all aspects of the role.
- Must have an accounting background.
- Someone with an understanding of IT.
- 5 years of commercial experience
- Personable - client facing role as well as an open plan office
Specific Role Accountabilities
- Design, implement and manage processes and controls on a wide variety of operational areas, namely:
- Income collection and forecasting
- Cash management and forecasting
- Monthly reconciliations
- Sales targeting and reporting
· Produce regular financial and management information to ensure the financial performance of the Group is clear and understood by the directors on a timely basis
· Ensure an appropriate internal control framework is in place to safeguard the business
· Maintain complete and accurate accounting records
· Carry out all month end reconciliations accurately and in a timely manner
· Responsible for all HMRC compliance activities
· Lead and manage the tax and accounting, accountancy compliance and financial reporting requirements or the year ends
· Work with the business to develop a Budgeting and Forecasting (short term & long term) process
· Manage a cost control process to help the group stay within its forecasted spend
· Arrange payment of suppliers
· Manage the cash flow
· Manage the payroll (processing of payroll is currently outsourced)
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Team leader and management skills.
- Computer literate with significant spreadsheet reporting experience.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting principles and budgetary experience.
- A track record of being committed, reliable, accurate, self-motivated
- Flexibility to be able to take on whatever projects the role requires
- An ability to manage own workload as there is little day to day supervision