over 1 year ago
Role: Financial Controller
Salary: £49,000 - £55,000
Established charity to provide older people and their families with clear, free and impartial advice on the issues which matter to them.
As Financial Controller
You will be responsible for all aspects of financial and management accounting of the charity and its subsidiaries; and, by working in close collaboration with the Finance Manager and the Financial Analyst, ensure smooth running of the charity’s finance department.
- Professional accounting qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience Evidence of continued professional development
- Knowledge and experience of preparing Statutory Annual Accounts using SORP for a significant complex charity
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls, core accounting systems and processes.
- Management of the year end process including audit.
- Managing planning and budgeting within agreed schedules.
- Experience of managing the administration of and investment portfolio.
- Evidence of disciplined approach to planning and reporting timetables and applying high quality and professional standard for ad hoc and routine deliverables e.g. monthly/ annual reporting.
- Evidence of continuous development of systems and processes, including specification, selection and implementation of accounting, budgeting and reporting systems.
Main Duties as Financial Controller includes:
- Reporting- Produce timely and accurate monthly management accounts with supporting narrative. Produce monthly cash flow and balance sheet with historical and forecast information with a clear financial context to enable users’ decision making.
- Financial planning- Support the Head of Finance through managing annual financial planning cycle in liaison with Finance Manager and Financial Analyst.
- Commercial- Business partnering a range of internal stakeholders. Support managers in providing information and analysis for bids and contracts and follow up reporting as required.
- Investment- Ensure secure administration of the charity’s funds; ensure reconciliation of fund managers reports to the charity records and compliance with investment and reserves policies and accounting rules.