over 1 year ago
We thrive on technical innovation from our offices in Buckingham in the UK, Detroit in the USA and Weilburg in Germany, and has been awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise. We sell our products to 100 different countries and have distributors in more than 50 countries globally. Household names in the automotive, motorsport, GPS device testing, marine, mining and defence industries using our products include BMW, Ford, Pirelli, Goodyear, Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Honda, the US Army, JCB, and Bosch.
The Role - Firmware Design Engineer
We are looking for a Firmware Design Engineer to strengthen its existing firmware development team. The successful candidate will be used to programming low-level code for embedded systems using C.
The role involves development of new applications for both the Automotive and Motorsport markets as well as support and enhancement of existing firmware. Alongside writing code you will be required to analyse requirements, generate complete and accurate design documentation as well as task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning.
Key Responsibilities - Firmware Design Engineer
· Development of firmware for new and existing products
- Analyse requirements and develop design alternatives.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Have the ability to work with others in a cross-discipline team of engineers.
- Develop test software and procedures.
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation.
- Present and attend architecture, design and code reviews.
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products.
- Keep current with embedded software trends and share knowledge.
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team.
Required Skills - Firmware Design Engineer
· 7+ years’ experience developing low level source code
- Strong Embedded C/C++ Design and Development skills
- A degree in Electronics or relevant discipline
- Experience in programming and debugging embedded real-time systems
- Experience with the full product development lifecycle, including post-release maintenance.
- Experience in reading schematics, data sheets and using test and measurement equipment
- Have the ability to solve problems and be self-motivated.
· Have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Desired additional skills - Firmware Design Engineer
· Experience developing with Keil uVision for ARM
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Experience programming for FreeRTOS
- Commercial experience working with CAN Bus
Exposure to GNSS