8 months ago
We design and manufacture electronic systems to measure, record, display, analyse and simulate data from moving vehicles.
Firmware Design Engineer
- Excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will be liaising with multiple stakeholders within the business and gathering their requirements for the product. Someone who perhaps worked client-side and is used to the type of dynamic communications, bouncing ideas around, and formulating them clearly, would be ideal. Written comms has to be up to scratch as well.
- Must have experience of Python/C/C++, (although desirable)
- 5 years' experience in firmware development
The purpose of this role
For development of new firmware for our new and refreshed GPS based products as well as the support and enhancement of existing firmware. This is a senior role so alongside writing code you will be required to:
- Analyse requirements and develop design alternatives.
- Develop test software and procedures.
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation.
- Present and attend architecture, design and code reviews.
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products.
- Keep current with embedded software trends and share knowledge.
- Provide task breakdowns and accurate estimates for project planning
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in firmware development.
- Thorough understanding of embedded software design and coding.
- Experienced in design and coding using C/C++ or Python.
- A self-starter but equally capable of working within a team.
- Pension scheme
- Vitality Private Healthcare scheme
- Free parking
- Annual bonus - profit based, could be up to £3k
- Childcare vouchers