9 months ago
We are a Law practice firm, with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property.
As a float team legal secretary, you will be expected to be a team player who is versatile, quick thinking and likes a challenge.
Primary responsibilities are …
• To be a member of, and provide the Business Support Team with, typing, secretarial and administrative support, seconded to any department identified as requiring specific secretarial support
• To work responsibly to support the needs of the fee earners and prioritising own workload effectively, delivering a quality service
• To assist with digital dictation and administrative support across the company in line with the company’s workflow ethic
Audio-Typing, Microsoft, Proof-reading, PDF Docs, Document Conversion and Tracked Changes, Admin, file opening, preparation of client care letters and terms and conditions, file closure, archiving and retrieval and return from storage, DX, emails and facsimile transmissions, management of finances, recording time, preparation of bills, correspondence and documents, typing speed of at least 65 wpm/90% accuracy/70 wpm.
Day to day responsibilities are …
• To transcribe and prepare all correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing, using company precedents where appropriate, ensuring proof-reading completed • To confidently draft simple memos, emails and letters and use these together with standard letters to assist the fee earners to move matters on as appropriate
• To operate case management system including storing documents electronically – organising and attaching to relevant matters – including incoming and outgoing emails
• To be familiar with all relevant computer packages including, but not limited to: PDF docs, document conversion and tracked changes
• To be involved in the efficient management of client/matter files to include general filing in a timely and accurate manner (both electronically and paper), file opening, preparation of client care letters, terms and conditions, gathering ID, file closures, archiving and retrieval, as required whilst ensuring the administration/filing within the team is up to date
• To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain manager/fee earners’ diaries, as required, as well as preparing any necessary papers for meetings
• To undertake administrative elements of PD review and ensure these are followed up by arranging PD reviews between supervisor and matter manager, updating notes and following through on actions, including credit control.