London, United Kingdom
7 months ago
Role: Guidewire Configuration Developer
Salary: Upto £70k+ bonus + 25 holidays + extensive benefits
Location: Client’ office, counties around London
We are looking for individuals with sound Business Analysis skills combined with a technical development background, gained working within the insurance industry. Suitable candidates should have Claims Administration system configuration or rules definition experience and understand the claims/policy lifecycle, from FNOL to settlement, quote through adjustments to renewals. Prior people management experience would be viewed favourably as well.
The configuration role requires a blend of technical ability and analysis (approx. 50:50). The candidate needs to be able to understand the requirements defined by the client and interpret these into working software. All our consultants are fully trained on the system and before joining and being supported by the delivery team on client site.
You must have successfully delivered several projects and have previous experience of:
1. Partnering with client business teams to understand business objectives
2. Developing an overall configuration approach for the client
3. Producing requirement and functional design documents
4. Estimating the effort required to configure the environment
5. Configuring a Claim Administration system to solve customer business challenges
6. Identifying opportunities to meet customer business objectives using business logic
and configuring applications to meet those objectives
7. Demonstrating developed features to the wider project team and key stakeholders
8. Supporting the planning of system/integration testing and user acceptance testing of customer solutions
9. Supporting execution of system/integration tests, including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues
In addition, the configurator role requires technical skills with experience of:
1. Agile Project Management methodology
2. Understanding of Database Structures and Data Modelling – knowledge of how tables in a relational database are connected via foreign keys and the ability to read an Entity Relationship diagram
3. Object Oriented Programming Concepts – gained using an Object Oriented language, such as Java or C# and therefore an understanding of OO design
principles such as Classes, Methods and Attributes (Guidewire’s internal language
GOSU is based on Java)
4. XML – ability to read, understand and edit the information in an XML file used to describe objects and attributes and programming
You will need to have a good command of the English language and be able to communicate clearly with your colleagues and with the client. You may also be required to participate in client presentations and contribute to pre-sales and project delivery material. You will normally be working on client site as a member of a delivery team and should be must be comfortable with living away from home, Monday to Friday, for engagements which are not commutable.
We are lively organisation that has built an enviable reputation for high quality work. It enjoys a culture of respect and is passionate about the rewarding working environment it provides its employees. If you would like the opportunity to travel throughout the UK and Europe and work as part of a highly skilled team on a wide variety of leading edge enterprise projects for Blue Chip companies, then this is the job for you. We gave generous employee benefits which include: Group Life Assurance (salary x4), Group Personal Pension, Private Medical, Company laptop and phone.