Upto £90k + Stock Options
9 months ago
Who we are:
The world's first Open Financial Commerce Marketplace, currently in deployment across three continents. With operations across Africa, Latin America, and Southeast Asia, we provide banks, corporates, and governments in emerging markets with an unrivalled platform that enables a limitless marketplace ecosystem accessed via a mobile. We believe that our technology is changing the way in which services are distributed and accessed by people in the new digital economy. We focus on building the infrastructure; connecting businesses, financial institutions, retailers, governments and others, whilst simultaneously improving financial inclusion and economic development in emerging markets. We have big investment and big plans. Come and join us on this amazing journey!
The role of Head of Compliance:
- Establish and evolve the (financial) compliance function within the company and ensuring alignment with local and international compliance requirements.
- Ensuring absolute compliance with AML & KYC procedures in multiple countries (currently Argentina, Nigeria and Vietnam)
- Use compliance as a competitive advantage, by building in processes at a product design level
- Manage relationships with local regulatory bodies and organisations
- Carrying out compliance monitoring and reporting
- Provide regulatory training for staff and customers
Preferred but not essential experience
- Experience with compliance in one or more of the following countries an advantage but not essential: Argentina, Nigeria or Vietnam
- Experience within a fast-growth tech start-up
- Knowledge of on-line Marketplace solutions
- Fluency in Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree with a core concentration in finance
- Proven Leadership and team management experience.
- Proven experience setting up a compliance function from scratch, within a Tech company
- Hands on experience of keeping an organisation compliant with the relevant AML/KYC regulations.
- Exceptional compliance report writing
- Experienced at incorporating compliance processes into early stage software/solution/product design
- Able to operate in the autonomous environment and startup style.
- Advanced user of MS Office suite i.e. use of Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Willingness to travel 30% to meet with local teams.
We work in the renowned Level39, one of the world’s largest technology incubators, in Canary Wharf, which gives us access to a variety of workspaces with incredible views of the rest of the city
- A kitchen stocked with free tea, coffee, fruit juice and Coca-Cola
- Regular professional and social events including Lunch & Learns sessions
- Pizza Fridays post sprints
- Flexible working hours
- A smart-casual dress code
Due to working with financial systems, CRB and a basic credit check will form part of the assessment process.