3 days ago
Job title: Head of Development Finance
Location: London (remote for Cov19)
Salary: £75k to £80k
Role context: Head of Development Finance
The large Housing Association (HA) provides 65,000 homes to residents across London and the South East. The HA is focused on increasing the supply of truly affordable homes, in order to deliver the mix development programme that aims to deliver new homes each year. This development programme has a mixture of housing tenures with on third for truly affordable rents, a third for shared ownership and the remainder private sales or private rent which help subsidise the cost of providing affordable homes. .
Purpose of the role: Head of Development Finance
Effectively and proactively lead, manage and motivate the Development Finance
team within the Development and Sales finance service, ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement and a commitment to continual improvement.
• Lead a first-class business partnering service that delivers powerful insight and
analytics to clients in the Development directorate, supporting new
business/investment appraisal, delivery, and sales.
• Build strong relationships as an active and valued member of the Development
directorate’s management and operational teams to ensure financial issues are
embedded into working practices.
• Deliver high-quality board and committee reports, and act as Finance lead on strategic
project teams and entity Boards where appropriate.
• Manage the short and medium term planning process for the Development
directorate, delivering rolling forecasts and budgets to agreed Group timescales.
• In conjunction with the Head of FP&A - Development, Regeneration & Commercial
ensure the production of accurate, reliable and timely financial information and analysis
to help the Development directorate strategically manage its business.
• Take ownership of data quality in Finance planning systems to ensure the accuracy
and reliability of business reporting and Finance advisory services.
• Oversee and uphold an effective and stable control environment that adheres
to Group policies whilst not acting as a burden to business processes.
• Work in harmony with the wider Finance directorate to ensure the effective
operational delivery of the Group’s strategic financial objectives.
• Uphold and promote the core principles of the Finance directorate: keeping our
promises, listening carefully, learning continually, holding ourselves to account.
• Ensure regulatory standards from the HCA and/or other external bodies are conformed with, and HA’s internal policies are adhered to.
Skills/Experience required: Head of Development Finance
• Substantial experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary department, with
excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide
variety of audiences.
• Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive,
high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to
Executive and committee level and externally.
• Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with leaders, peers,
colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
• Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees and
supporting them through times of change.
• Proven track record of developing and leading on change management programmes
through employee engagement, involvement and collaboration.
• Proven ability to collaborate with leaders, work cross-functionally with diverse groups.
• Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and
proven experience of leading on risk management.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• Effective networking, negotiation and influencing and stakeholder management skills.
Role specific: Head of Development Finance
• Experience of overseeing the provision of business partnering services to
multiple client groups
• Experience and understanding of investment appraisal and modelling techniques in the context of social housing and/or commercial real estate or otherwise. Experience with the Pamwin Plus software is welcome.
• Experience of short, medium and long term business planning, including the
use of planning, reporting and accounting systems
• Strong, up-to-date technical knowledge of FRS102
• Knowledge of the social housing sector regulatory framework
Qualifications required: Head of Development Finance
• Qualified CCAB Accountant with relevant post qualification experience