up to 60k
11 days ago
Role: Head of Innovation
Location: Remote/Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + bonus linked to new business
We are looking for a commercially driven and strategic Head of Innovation, who will report directly to the CEO. You will be required to hit the ground running and make a difference within 12 months through creating new products and partnerships off the books and streamlining a number of processes internally to drive improved outcomes and lower costs.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement culture
- Active business development of new product and services that will leverage brand reputation and service to generate additional revenue.
- Continuously researching opportunities and developing these to actionable proposals to leadership team.
- Educate key stakeholders on the need for diversification and generation of cash saving efficiencies to achieve sustainable growth.
- Provide monthly report to the executive team and Board on innovation progress
- Run internal innovation hack-a-thon where teams of individuals can work on ideas and pitch proposal to senior staff
- Manage the Innovation hub tasked with the mandate of identifying new products, new services, cross-selling, innovation and processes improvement. This team will be a virtual team initially and not directly reporting into this role.
Skills/Experience required: Head of Innovation
- Commercial sector experience
- Proven experience in continuous improvement and process strategies and system thinking.
- Ability to negotiate to get new initiatives off the ground
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- To have a clear understanding of business goals and affect innovative change
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of ideas simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Externally focussed projects (able to identify new business opportunities, proposals, partnerships)
- To thrive on innovation, energetic and a maturity to deliver ideas from the screen to reality
- Ability to manage internal process reviews and implementation efficiencies
- Bachelor degree in relevant field, e.g. Business Administration