London, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
Role: Indirect Tax Manager
Salary: £70k to £80k
Purpose and Context
The Indirect Tax Manager will have primary responsibility for indirect tax matters for the UK business (which includes operations in Ireland) and additional support in the management of the Global Group Indirect Tax affairs.
Accountability and Tasks
- Providing Value Add business advisory service on indirect tax matters
- Managing the VAT compliance processes and tax returns reporting.
- Support Group Head of Indirect Tax to manage and assist on indirect tax matters across the global group.
- Provide training and raise awareness of indirect tax
- Manage / mitigate risks and identify / optimise opportunities and tax savings.
- Complying and reviewing Product Liability and adhering to BRSA.
- Liaising with key stakeholders within the business, tax authorities and third parties.
- Keeping abreast of changes, analysing and advising, as well as implementing changes in legislation i.e. BREXIT, MTD.
- Work on ad-hoc project activity, and support Group Head of Indirect Tax
- There is no direct line management responsibility for this role
- The role is based in London, but must be willing to travel (maximum 2/3 days a month)
- Ensure timely and accurate filings of all indirect taxes
- Ensure clean sign-off of SAO certification
Key Working Relationships
- Group Head of Indirect Tax
- UK Indirect Tax Assistant
- CFO and FD, Finance , Data, Marketing , Purchasing teams, Property and IT teams etc.
- 7 years + VAT experience gained in an industry role
- Experience of SAP or other ERP system
- Must have good time management skills
- A self -starter and must be proactive
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Preferably have experience of Tax reporting tools
- Relevant VAT experience in the Retail sector.