London, United Kingdom
8 months ago
Role: IT Business Analyst
Salary: £45k to £50k
Who we are
A large and diverse organisation, employing over 3000 people with a mission to help people make the most of their lives by providing good quality affordable homes, working with communities and promoting wellbeing.
Description: IT Business Analyst
The Business Analyst (BA) will analyse and understand business needs, translating requirements through to technical specifications, collaborating with solutions delivery teams using detailed knowledge of existing systems and available technologies to ensure that final solutions are fit for purpose, meet business requirements and are in line with the organisation’s enterprise architecture. The BA will play a full role in solution testing, user acceptance and rollout to business users, as well as in the controlled handover to IT service and support colleagues.
Must Haves Skills: IT Business Analyst
• Solid, multi-organisation experience as a Business Analyst, with demonstrable skills in business process, systems and data analysis, modelling and the production of high-quality written documentation.
• Significant experience eliciting and managing software requirements as part of a delivery team.
• Proven experience of IT systems and waterfall methodology
• Strong experience building relationships with stakeholders and managing their expectations.
• The ability to drive and challenge business users and delivery teams in the specification, design and delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
• A clear understanding of quality assurance and testing processes and the relationship of requirements specification to software testing.
• Strong business process understanding, with the ability to understand business process models in a short space of time, as well as the implications of changes to this model.
• Experience in some or all the following: Housing Management systems, Asset Management systems, Finance systems as well as systems integration.
• A persuasive, articulate communicator with a passion for delivery, who can communicate business analysis concepts and related matters to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Must have an aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel.
• Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills – service orientation, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills, situational awareness and conflict resolution.
• Team player with a passion for best practice and skilled in working within a collaborative environment working across matrixed teams in projects.
Desirable Skills: IT Business Analyst
• BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis.
• Sound experience of the multiple development methodologies, including Scrum delivery method and of applying Agile techniques such as User Stories.
• University graduate preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Technology.