London, United Kingdom
12 months ago
We are a G15 housing association with strong heritage and we want to help people make the most of their lives by providing good quality affordable homes, working with communities and promoting wellbeing.
Purpose of role
The Business Analyst (BA) will analyse and understand business needs, translating requirements through to technical specifications, collaborating with solutions delivery teams using detailed knowledge of existing systems and available technologies to ensure that final solutions are fit for purpose, meet business requirements and are in line with the organisation’s enterprise architecture.
The BA will play a full role in solution testing, user acceptance and rollout to business users, as well as in the controlled handover to IT service and support colleagues.
To provide effective services in business, systems and data analysis, solutions proposals and quality assurance and testing.
Key Result Areas
To understand business systems and processes and identify IT solutions that meet the needs of the business and that are aligned with the organisation’s IT enterprise architecture, in conjunction with IT architects and IT business partners.
To make full use of professional business analysis tools and techniques to work with business users to gain an in-depth and accurate understanding of their needs, developing detailed and prioritised requirements.
To identify and resolve issues and contradictions in what is being asked for, what is already present and what is technically feasible and realistic.
To generate well written impact analyses, options appraisals and functional, non-functional and technical specifications and support handover documentation – collaborating with IT colleagues to ensure that documents are comprehensive and detailed.
To promote effective partnership between business users and technical teams, proactively supporting collaborative team working and encouraging the successful adoption of Agile development methodologies.
To create effective acceptance criteria and to drive successful quality assurance of solutions, working with the delivery team, and with testers in particular – to include technical, usability and non-functional testing and defects management.
To champion user acceptance of solutions by managing effective delivery of User Acceptance Testing
To actively participate in the sign-off of solutions for deployment into production and handover into operations and support.
To support the Technical Project Managers at regular intervals of the project lifecycle.
To follow Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety
policies and procedures. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
Key Performance Indicators
Develop solutions proposals which are well thought out and clearly articulated, produced in collaboration with business subject matter experts and relevant IT delivery and support teams.
Deliver analysis services which are comprehensive, timely and signed-off by the customer.
Deliver solutions which are tested and signed off against agreed acceptance criteria prior to deployment and controlled handovers which are achieved in conjunction with relevant IT delivery and support teams.
Skills Experience Required
• Solid, multi-organisation experience as a Business Analyst, with demonstrable skills in business process, systems and data analysis, modelling and the production of high-quality written documentation.
• Significant experience eliciting and managing software requirements as part of a delivery team.
• Proven experience of IT systems and waterfall methodology
• Strong experience building relationships with stakeholders and managing their expectations.
• The ability to drive and challenge business users and delivery teams in the specification, design and delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
• A clear understanding of quality assurance and testing processes and the relationship of requirements specification to software testing.
• Strong business process understanding, with the ability to understand business process models in a short space of time, as well as the implications of changes to this model.
• Experience in some or all the following: Housing Management systems, Asset Management systems, Finance systems as well as systems integration.
• A persuasive, articulate communicator with a passion for delivery, who can communicate business analysis concepts and related matters to a broad range of technical and non-technical
• Must have an aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel.
• Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills – service orientation, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills, situational awareness and conflict resolution.
• Team player with a passion for best practice and skilled in working within a collaborative environment working across matrixed teams in projects.
• BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis.
• Sound experience of the multiple development methodologies, including Scrum delivery method and of applying Agile techniques such as User Stories.
• University graduate preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Technology.
• Also see skills/experience above.