London, United Kingdom
4 months ago
We are a G15 housing association with strong heritage and we want to help people make the most of their lives by providing good quality affordable homes, working with communities and promoting wellbeing.
Purpose of Role
To be responsible for successful delivery of IT projects and enhancement developments associated with Enterprise business solutions within the organisation, primarily for Finance services but also for Corporate Services as well.
This role manages, defines and agrees, the project delivery strategy, ensuring that affordable and efficient IT solutions are implemented as a business enabler, thereby ensuring that organisational objectives are met.
To monitor and review the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to.
To ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders, to maximise customer satisfaction.
To externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
To gain a good understanding of the Finance and Corporate Services applications and solutions used by the organisation and how they support the business.
To establish, implement and manage effective working arrangements & delivery practices (primarily Kanban Agile methodology) within the Finance & Corporate Enterprise platforms delivery team, ensuring consistency of working practices with other IT delivery teams and to ensure a consistent level of service delivery in line with the Peabody business plan.
To manage delivery of an on-going portfolio of IT projects and enhancement developments to support the goals, objectives and business change agendas of the organisation.
To develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders, based on trust and partnership, to support delivery of projects and developments for internal customers.
To work with the IT Project Management Office (IT PMO), IT Service & Support, IT Business Solutions & Delivery, Information Security & Governance, external suppliers and the wider business in the delivery of IT projects and enhancement developments.
To produce and manage a consolidated plan for a portfolio of projects and development enhancements on behalf of/working with IT Business Partners, IT PMO, internal IT delivery teams and business stakeholders.
To take responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of IT projects, throughout all phases, identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project
To be responsible for all associated project delivery documentation including highlight reports, PID’s, project plans, RAID logs and constraints.
To work collaboratively with team members and other teams sharing knowledge and information and supporting where necessary.
To appraise delivery and project outcomes in order to improve project management processes and achieve overall increased stakeholder satisfaction through best practice and lessons learnt.
To follow Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
Key Performance Indicators
Effective estimation of costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of IT projects to agreed terms of reference and to ensure that realistic and structured project and quality plans are prepared.
Project deliverables are completed within planned costs, timescale and resource budgets, ensuring that plans are maintained and all activities and costs are tracked against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate.
Proactive action taken where projects may deviate from agreed tolerances, invoking formal change control process where appropriate.
All appropriate project documentation is developed, reviewed and formally signed off as appropriate (e.g. PID, project plans, RAID logs and constraints).
Projects are formally closed and subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and embedded in the organisation.
• Proven skills, experience and knowledge in IT project management and delivering IT projects in both an Agile and Waterfall methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum, Prince2, MSP, PMBoK).
• Demonstrable management skills operating within a demanding IT project management role relating to IT business applications and associated IT infrastructure environments.
• In depth documentation and delivery planning (incl. RAID, budgets, tracking and reporting).
• Good knowledge of integration of multiple applications, including large scale data validation and migration and a good understanding of Finance and Housing business processes.
• Delivery and results focused, with strong communication and interpersonal skills – customer focused, collaborative and able to build strong, effective working relationships with key business and IT stakeholders at all levels in an organisation.
• Strong written/oral communication, presentation negotiation and chairing/facilitating meeting skills, to manage stakeholders effectively and deliver required delivery quality outcomes.
• Demonstrable experience working with IT application/infrastructure technical teams and business stakeholders subject matter experts to deliver required delivery outcomes.
• Demonstrable experience in managing internal and external technology partners.
• Knowledge of techniques and tools for the analysis, assessment and management of risk.
Ability to analyse complex problems in a structured manner whilst under pressure.
One or more of the following, combined with relevant practical experience:
• Agile methods (Kanban and Scrum)