10 days ago
Role: Lead credit software developer
Location: NY/ Chicago/London
Overview and Areas of Focus: Lead credit software developer
· The goal is to build a common systems foundation across the diverse set of businesses within Global Credit.
· Trading Systems: how we execute, book and manage the trade lifecycle across a diverse set of financial products.
· Research Platform: discovery, workload management, distribution and presentation of research/modelling work product.
· SDLC: providing mechanisms for rapid, but controlled, development of reports, applications and capabilities.
What We’re Looking For: Lead credit software developer
· User first focus on the needs of researchers, analysts, portfolio managers and other developers with balanced short term/long term considerations.
· Design bias towards simple abstractions that keep the surface area between system components narrow and well defined.
· Produces code of the quality and structure needed to live within a growing ecosystem and team sustainably.
· Technical communication: ability to clearly propagate pros/cons/risks of approach and build consensus around the best approaches.
· Ability to contextualize technical best practices and apply them pragmatically given our unique business and environment.
Technical Competencies: Lead Credit software developer
· Well versed in micro and macro system design fundamentals, costs of operations and common approaches used for commonly made tradeoffs.
· Operational fluency in a server side imperative/object oriented programming language (eg C++/Java/Go/Rust). We use C++.
· Ability to write modern but simple and easy to read code (for non-experts) in a higher level scripting language (eg Python, Ruby, R). We use Python.
· Reading code: can dive into an existing system, ask questions and quickly ramp up on how a system you didn’t build works.
· Interesting technologies: C++, Python, kdb, C#/Desktop .NET, OLTP relational stores, Kafka, Redis, gRPC, hdf5, blob storage, k8s.
What You’ll Get: Lead credit software developer
· Direct exposure to users who are experts in their respective fields and who are equally engaged in building a long term business.
· The ability to build and iterate in a low friction environment on mission critical problems.
· Teammates with decades of collective experience building technology inside and outside of financial services.
· The unique opportunity to be part of setting the foundation of a platform built to last.