London, United Kingdom
2 months ago
We are a G15 housing association with strong heritage and we want to help people make the most of their lives by providing good quality affordable homes, working with communities and promoting wellbeing.
Purpose of role:
To lead a team of IT business analysts responsible for providing a full range of analysis and overseeing delivery of projects.
The lead role will manage and oversee the continuous improvement of the IT Business Analysis
Community of Practice and provide coaching and mentoring to staff as required.
To have a holistic view of the project pipeline and manage the allocation and utilisation of the business analysis resource on IT projects.
To work with senior stakeholders to overcome project issues and evaluate and deliver tangible solutions.
To provide effective services in business, systems and data analysis, solutions proposals and quality assurance and testing.
To understand business systems and processes and identify IT solutions that meet the needs of the business and that are aligned with the organisation’s IT enterprise architecture, in conjunction with IT architects and IT business partners.
To make full use of professional business analysis tools and techniques to work with business users to gain an in-depth and accurate understanding of their needs, developing detailed and prioritised requirements.
To identify and resolve issues and contradictions in what is being asked for, what is already present and what is technically feasible and realistic.
To conduct tender evaluations of new IT products and make recommendations.
To generate well written impact analyses, options appraisals and functional, non-functional and technical specifications and support handover documentation – collaborating with IT colleagues to ensure that documents are comprehensive and detailed.
To promote effective partnership between business users and technical teams, proactively supporting collaborative team working and encouraging the successful adoption of Agile development methodologies.
To create effective acceptance criteria and to drive successful quality assurance of solutions, working with the delivery team, and with testers in particular – to include technical, usability and non-functional testing and defects management.
To actively participate in the sign-off of solutions for deployment into production and handover into operations and support.
To operate as an effective member of the Delivery Team, working within the agreed project delivery methodology.
To lead, manage, motivate and develop a team of IT Business Analysts in order to ensure Peabody business objectives are met in line with service standards.
To develop and consolidate knowledge and confidence within the team to work within Peabody policies and procedures.
To follow Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties.
Key Performance Indicators
Establish yourself as a competent and able leader, who is able to influence and improve ways of working within IT and across the organisation.
Best practice business analysis practices are established within the team and services delivered by the team are comprehensive, timely and signed-off to support objectives of projects and ongoing business change activities.
Develop solutions proposals which are well thought out and clearly articulated, produced in collaboration with business subject matter experts and relevant IT delivery and support teams.
Deliver solutions which are tested and signed off against agreed acceptance criteria prior to deployment and controlled handovers which are achieved in conjunction with relevant IT delivery and support teams.
Skills and Experience Required
• Solid, multi-organisation experience as a Business Analyst, with demonstrable skills in business process, systems and data analysis, modelling and production of high-quality documentation.
• Significant experience eliciting and managing software requirements as part of a delivery team.
• Proven experience of IT systems and waterfall project delivery methodology.
• Strong experience in building relationships with stakeholders and managing their expectations.
• The ability to drive and challenge business users and delivery teams in the specification, design and delivery of fit for purpose solutions.
• A clear understanding of quality assurance and testing processes and the relationship of requirements specification to software testing.
• Strong business process understanding, with the ability to understand business process models in a short space of time, as well as the implications of changes to this model.
• Experience in some or all the following: Housing Management systems, Asset Management systems, Finance systems as well as systems integration.
• A persuasive, articulate communicator with a passion for delivery, who can communicate business analysis concepts and related matters to a broad audience of technical and non-
• Must have an aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to maintain effective control over many tasks in parallel.
• Strong interpersonal, written and presentation skills – service orientation, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills, situational awareness and conflict resolution.
• Team player with a passion for best practice and skilled in working within a collaborative environment working across matrixed teams in projects.
• BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis.
• Sound experience of the multiple development methodologies, including Scrum delivery method and of applying Agile techniques such as User Stories.
• University graduate preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Technology.
• Also see skills/experience above.