9 months ago
One of the global leading fintech companies require a Lead Java Developer to join their development team in central London.
- To maintain and improve the quality of the software and the documentation delivered by the team
- To contribute to and/or lead software analysis, design and specification tasks for specific modules/functions.
- Interact and contribute to agile planning and design sessions.
- Initiate agile process improvements
- Maintain code to company standards
- Work as part of Code Peer Review community to improve the quality of software development
- To support the development team on new and existing systems as required.
- Creation of documentation detailing technical work required for requested development, maintenance and support tasks to company standards
- To support and coach a small team of developers.
- To support the technical direction of a professional and cohesive multi-disciplinary team that are technically astute and experienced
Deep experience with the following:
- 8+ years of experience using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Experience managing developers
- Using the Spring Framework family of technologies including Spring MVC, Integration, Web Services
- Interacting with RDBMS through use of Hibernate ORM
- API development
- Queueing systems and Rabbit MQ in particular
- Distributed Systems (Processing, Caching, Persistence)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrable experience using Source Control tools (GIT, SVN)
- Deep understanding of SOLID Principles, Design Patterns and working experience of putting them to practice.
- Experience of Test Driven Development, unit testing tools such as Junit