Reading, United Kingdom
3 months ago
We have built a sizeable Retail Telecoms business over the course of the last 10 years, building a reputation for offering great value services with exceptional customer service. The ambition over the coming years is to accelerate that growth even further to become one of the major telecoms’ retailers in the UK.
As we embark on that next phase of growth, we are looking to bolster the team with new talent – people that are ambitious to be part of a fast-paced growth business that get excited about building something great.
Main Purpose of The Job - Lead Systems Developer (PEGA)
We are looking for an experienced Agile Systems Lead to join our Agile development team. You will be looking to lead on our Pega Systems based platform and its integration with our legacy business systems. You will be working as a senior member of our team to advise and coach our team of six on technical approach as well as owning the designing and implementation with Pega.
Key responsibilities include- - Lead Systems Developer (PEGA)
· Platform performance
· Architecture design
· Future planning
· Coaching & assisting the team in growing their skills
As Lead Systems Developer:
You will be the lead of the design approach for both the platforms development and its scaling usage as we grow, supporting the business operation with its customer focused requirements.
This is chance to join an established business in a small dedicated team that is looking to deliver very fast- growth in the telecoms sector using this platform as the key catalyst.
You are expected to have been a senior Pega developer in a team for at least 3years and be able to demonstrate your ability to challenge senior management on their requirements and direction while understanding the wider business needs to enable the business to deliver a best in class customer focused platform.
You will be looking for your next step in your career knowing that your joining a new fast-growing team that is aiming to develop disruptive products in the market with great opportunities for career growth as the business expands.
Key Accountabilities - Lead Systems Developer
- In house expert on our Pega platform and implementation
- Own the integration between the platform and our systems
- Share knowledge and approach across all teams
- Lead and communicate the Telecoms businesses strategic vision on systems architecture
- Technical advisor on process development and implementation
- Champion the vision and values of company Retail Telecoms
• Experienced developing with Pega Systems platform
• Experienced with software development, database architecture and web-based GUI
• History of developing applications reliant on web services and API’s
• Exposure to cloud-based systems and their deployment
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Bring leadership to the business and your team in your specific role
• Communicate across the business building strong working relationships
• Able to challenge and appreciate the points of view of your team
• Bring an innovative approach to problem solving
• Hunger for learning new technologies and approaches outside of your work requirements
• Related Industry Certification
• PegaSystems Certification
• Agile Delivery Methodology
• Desirable, Process Management / ITIL / Prince2 / Agile Scrum
• Desirable, Degree in Computer Science / Mathematics / Programming
· Works well within a scrum team
· Facilitation & communication skills
· Exceptionally smart, both emotionally and intellectually
· Ability to influence without authority and ‘take people with you’ through to delivery, often against
well established and embedded practices
· Creation of clear and compelling vision ability to take vision into action
· Ability to challenge with ‘can do’ approach and create new ways of working to overcome obstacles
· High levels of integrity and delivers on promises
· Proactive, self-starter
· Team player with occasional need for sense of humour
· Flexible approach to working location and hours
· Think fast, move fast, learn fast