£45,000 - £50,000
about 2 years ago
The ideal candidate will need experience working specifically within litigation preferably within the food/meat industry. They will be working with the partner that deals with the Agricultural industry.
Non – Negotiable
- 2-3 years Commercial Litigation Experience – preferably within the food industry.
- Candidate needs to be qualified/working for a top 150 law firm.
- Energetic candidate who is happy to work in a busy role e.g. the candidate will be dealing with cases with £150,000 fee’s. The candidate will need to be able to handle pressure. If the candidate is newly qualified they would need to be a self-starter.
- Has to to have commercial experience.
- Want someone with a specialist background - No generalist backgrounds.
- Candidates from a Russel University
- Good Quality of Work - Great work life balance and Spalding as a whole is a great place for young families to settle.
- For relocation - Spalding has really good grammar schools
- The Peterborough office is just a 45 minute commute from London.
- Very flexible on where candidates can work.
- 5% of salary bonus
- 50% off gym membership
- Vitality health care - add family members 75%
- Sick pay
- Relocation packages - 8K - this includes help with schools and accommodation etc.
- Every other week a qualified reflexologist & masseuse visit Spalding office.
- A dry cleaning service will visit the Spalding office.
- £1250 towards legal fee's – i.e. will/house purchasing
Team set up
- Spalding office - 180
- Nottingham office - 10
- Peterborough - 12
- Alconbury - 4
- Depending on the role, there is flexibility on which office to work out of.
- £45,000 - £50,000
Working hours: 9-5.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9-5pm Friday.
Preferably we would like the candidate to spend their time at the office, but there is flexibility, potential from working at home/Alconbury office.
The department consists of around 15 people made up of 4 partners, 1 associate, 2 solicitors, trainees and secretaries.
The space is open plan, shared with the company commercial team.
The team ranges between 23-35 years old.
Very social bunch, regular outings for drinks and social events.
If the candidate is outstanding FB will be given within 24 hours.
Common law and statutory property claims, including breach of covenants, injunctions, removal of trespassers, landlord and tenant disputes as well as boundary disputes
- Experience in other forms of commercial Litigation, regulatory, contentious probate, shareholder and partnership disputes and employment litigation
- Provide legal advice to a range of clients, including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
- Carrying out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
- Operating effectively with clients and their professional and financial advisers – managing specific fields
- Working under the direction of a Partner and receiving assignments with specified objectives
- Management of Client/matter files
- Management of fee income and collection of bills.
Skills and Experience
Qualified Solicitor of between NQ and 5 years PQE
Assist and supervise Trainees and Paralegals
Experience of working in Litigation department, across a range of clients, handling a diverse range of issues
A strong desire to learn and widen knowledge
Ability to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also to work with more experience Partners and Fee Earners on more complex and specialised matters as required
Good communication skills in order to explain legal matters clearly to clients
Discretion and the ability to respect client confidentiality
Tackles tasks in a structured manner to ensure completion to a high standard
Solid organisation and time management skills
Experience of working in a team and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues
Proven attention to detail and drafting skills
Sound problem solving skills
Ability to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
Strong technical knowledge in Property Litigation
We are a commercial practice with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property. We have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them we need the right people.
We take an active, hands-on and long-term approach, getting to know our clients and their businesses over many years. That means we can anticipate and deal with complex and challenging issues that really matter - not just to the success of the businesses themselves but to the wellbeing of the families that depend on them.
Many of our 26 partners trained with us. That has been one of the keys to our success and we aim to continue to grow organically, while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet our strategic goals.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
Pension, Parking, Commission/Bonus, Gym Membership, Healthcare.