Up to 50k
14 days ago
Role: Managing Editor x2
Location: London (Remote for Cov19)
Salary: £32,000 - £50,000
Reports To: Executive Managing Editor
About Us: Managing Editor
• We are an independent, leading academic and professional publisher. We
are a growing company, with over 1,500 employees based in London, Los
Angeles, Washington DC, Singapore, New Delhi and Melbourne.
•We believe that education is intrinsically valuable to a healthy society and we're dedicated to producing high quality content in our books, journals and digital products.
•We're passionate about contributing to our local communities; we run a diverse mix of community-based programs each year and we make sure
everyone has the chance to get involved.
About our team: Managing Editor
• We are a highly motivated and hard-working but friendly and welcoming team
• We are a key part of the Open Access journals division, one of the most dynamic and fastest growing parts of the company.
Could you be our new Managing Editor? You will need:
• A biomedical background to at least BSc level and ideally a higher degree (MSc, MPhil or PhD); a firm grasp of the principles of biomedical research, and of correct trial design and reporting standards
• Ideally, journals publishing experience in an editorial role
• Excellent relationship management and communication skills and confidence in working with internal and external stakeholders, including senior academics. Talent for establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with journal editors
• A proactive approach, good commercial awareness and a strong
understanding of the open access journals publishing business and processes
• Excellent organisation skills and an ability to prioritise effectively
• The ability to travel to attend conferences, both in the UK and internationally
• A high level of motivation, with the capacity to work independently and as part of a close-knit team
Your new role: Managing Editor
• Hands-on journal development, including article-level commissioning, original research article solicitation, special collection development
• Building specialised scientific knowledge of allocated subject areas
• Selecting and inviting peer reviewers; working with external editors and internal Managing Editors to make final accept/reject/revise decisions
• Managing existing open access titles and developing editorial boards
• Achieving acceptance by key indexing services; driving impact factor growth
• Driving revenue growth via increased submissions of APC-paying manuscripts
Deadline: 24th January 2021