Upto £85k + £5k car allowance
7 months ago
Salary 85k plus 6k car allowance
This is a key senior role within our Client Facing Engineering team and you will need to have demonstrable experience in a related field. This is an exciting opportunity to join a business who operate in a leading edge technology world.
The role of the Principal Engineer within Network Services Security Team is to be the most senior technical resource to resolve highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through the normal operations and maintenance procedures and provide leadership for root cause analysis.
To act as a mentor for their chosen field and have the ability to lead the Security practice and those that reside in it. The Principal Engineer will also support the Sales and Presales teams to provide the technical expertise required to close sales opportunities. This will typically involve technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, proposal and bid response documentation.
- To act as a 4th line technical lead to resolves technical problems, either design or support related problems. To take a lead where required in root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limit impact to the customer.
- To act as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources to achieve a higher level of service. To train internal staff on product and network. To devise and deliver training programs and support documentation for Operations.
- Provide Technical assistance to the sales teams in whatever format is required (e.g. in customer meetings, presentations and response to tenders) so that opportunities are supported with the correct Technical expertise.
- Assist customer and vendor teams with the validation of new products, software and services to ensure trouble free network introduction. To provide expert consultative support during major software upgrades
- Provide input to the customer to ensure operational needs are taken into account and to assist defining monitoring and troubleshooting requirements. To take a lead in efforts to respond to performance related issues.
- To assist in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the the lab and demo facilities. To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
- To attend, as required, the following customer facing meetings, support reviews, project based, monthly service reviews, weekly incident reviews.
- Be an expert in the required Technology for your section. Create and deliver: technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development.
- To take a lead in defining value add projects and to assist in delivering the projects
- Ensure time sheets are accurate and submitted weekly. Incident and Problem Management call updates, where required, are accurate, timely and meaningful. Overtime and expenses are completed and submitted accurately.
- Handling and protection of information and reporting of security incidents as defined in the Information Security Policy and the HR Information Security Policy.
- Experience working with customers on all aspects of security including policies
- Hands-on experience with firewalls, NAT, SIEM and understanding of IDS and IPS principles
- Ideally can demonstrate a networking background to CCNP level
- Design and operate experience.
- In depth knowledge on firewalls, IDS, IPS and Encrpytion. Product experience ideally covering Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA and PaloAlto firewalls and Bluecoat devices with Checkpoint experience being an added benefit
- Exposure to SIEM platforms, GDPR and GPG13
- Candidates must have High Level and Low Level Design experience
- Candidates must have at least 7 years Networking experience
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to deliver technical information in a clear and concise manner and comfortable with client interface
- Technically leading from the front.
- Excellent work ethic and a strong sense of ownership
- Remain hands-on with technology
- Builds trust and a collaborative relationship with stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues within the team
- Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
As a contractor working with our company you can expect to receive:
- PAYE or Limited Company contractor options
- Weekly Pay
- A designated team to help you with your queries
So why choose us for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. This is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
- You’ll go further with us.We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
- You’ll make a difference.You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You’ll be treated as an individual.We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.