London, United Kingdom
10 months ago
Role: Project Associate
The Professional Oversight Team is part of the Audit and Actuarial Division. We are responsible for a number of statutory and non-statutory functions for oversight of the regulation of auditors, accountants and actuaries, in particular exercising independent oversight over the supervisory and qualifying bodies recognised to regulate auditors.
The Role: Project Associate
- assisting with the scoping, planning and execution of our annual regulatory oversight activities over the auditing professional bodies
- once approved, managing the execution of specific aspects of our oversight plan; in particular the audit quality monitoring oversight activities at the professional bodies
- carrying out research and analysis relating to the regulation of auditors and accountants
- drafting reports and papers for review for the Conduct Committee which oversees this work as well as the Board
The Person: Project Associate
A professional audit or accountancy qualification or equivalent experience is required. A strong understanding of the accountancy and audit professions, with some experience of regulation is desirable.
The ideal candidates Project Associate
Understanding of audit regulatory environments, the issues facing audit, and of other relevant functions of the professional bodies
- Understanding of the Companies Act 2006, and other relevant legislation (e.g. SATCAR) and its application to auditors and audit regulation
- Relatively recent practical audit experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Excellent organisational skills and project management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- We offer competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave.
- We has a strong work/life balance ethos.