London, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
Salary: £46k to £56k
Deadline is 7th July.
Project Development Manager
In Distributed Energy arm of the business we design, build, finance and operate low carbon heating, cooling and power networks which create long term revenue streams in exchange for providing long-term services to end customers.
Main Purpose of JOB
Provide market-leading engineering solutions for The Distributed Energy Business. Work closely with a small bid team to provide new solutions to customers which span the service-offerings of Enterprise Heat’s four key target markets (New Build, Citywide/local authority heat schemes, Hospitals and Universities campus networks).
As part of the bid team, consult customers on their strategic drivers. Develop innovative technical solutions which are commercially attractive to these clients. Take projects from prospecting through to conceptual design and hand over to design teams to take ownership through to delivery.
- Work with Enterprise Heat bid teams to lead the technical solution for a project.
Consult the customer to establish the customer’s key drivers and ensure that where different drivers are identified by different stakeholders within the client business, this is clearly identified to the Business Development Manager to address in the bid strategy. Lead the development of the technical solution that best meets the client’s drivers.
- Where applicable, carry out technical due diligence on district heating and cooling scheme design by others
- Carry out techno-economic modelling to develop the optimal technical and commercial solution.
Ensure the use of real life data wherever possible in these models.
- Conduct site surveys with engineers from across the business
- For asset ownership opportunities, ensure the requirements of the network operator are embedded in the design, delivery and O&M specifications of these schemes
- Scope, Conceptualise and the Manage delivery of energy projects
Carry out some feasibility work, scope the solution and provide the conceptual design. Manage the detailed design outputs either via in-house design teams or through consultants.
- Create content for proposals and support on Bids
Act as technical lead on proposals and bids for customer projects – including explaining engineering decisions in plain english for the customer. De-mystifying the solution and ensuring we are able to clearly mark out the benefits and value for customers.
Key Internal and External Customers
- Client and senior executives to create certainty and comfort in technical approach, contact via telephone / face to face / e-mail / meetings
- CFO, Head of Procurement, Head of Engineering, Director of Estates, weekly contact
- Creating solutions with customer estate managers, FMs, and sustainability managers, via telephone / face to face / e-mail / meetings
- Head of Sustainability, Head of Energy, Director of Estates, weekly contact
- Managing partnerships with sub contractors/ consultants, via telephone / face to face / e-mail / meetings
- Managing Director, CEO, Head of Sales, Head of Key Accounts, weekly