Up to 22k
14 days ago
Role: Publishing Assistant, Open Access
Location: London (Remote for Cov19)
Report to: Senior Publishing Editor
Background: Publishing Assistant, Open Access
Are you interested in working in the exciting and fast-growing area of open access publishing? Can you juggle multiple tasks and work accurately to tight deadlines? Could you communicate professionally with our institutional and library consortia customers? Are you highly numerate and not scared of Excel functions? Do you thrive in a team environment continuously seeking to improve operational processes? Can you react quickly to changing priorities?
Funding agencies, governments and universities increasingly require academics to publish their research free-to-read to all and allow reuse of their work under a specific license with the aim to accelerate innovation and further knowledge. We strive to assist academic researchers and library administrators to comply with these requirements and meet the growing demand for open access publishing.
The role: Publishing Assistant, Open Access
• Setting up new customers on our dedicated Open Access Portal for managing open access publishing workflows.
• Monitoring to ensure the successful completion of all articles through the portal workflow steps.
• Assisting our customer service team with user and account management customer queries.
• Liaising internally with other departments to resolve issues.
• Assisting with user testing on new system releases.
• Providing administrative support like making website updates and creating and maintaining internal information guides.
• Generating reports and analysis to meet internal and external needs.
• Coordinating, taking minutes, following up on action points for meetings.
• Coordinating discrete projects and journals-wide administration for the Open Access team when required.
The candidate: Publishing Assistant, Open Access
• A well-organised, numerate, conscientious and curious person.
• Some previous administrative experience in an office environment.
• Competent Excel and numeracy skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Highly motivated to learn quickly with a continuous improvement mindset.
Closing Date: 24th January