over 1 year ago
Deepen your R&D expert career in a totally flexible, autonomous environment
Do you love the thought of working on a wide variety of clients, from SME to RDEC, manufacturing to software, from simple companies to large groups, driving both the technology and the financial side of each claim? Do you want to do all this in an autonomous environment where you have complete control and flexibility to both achieve results and a healthy work-life balance? Are you excited by the opportunity to broaden your skills across the business, from dabbling in marketing to designing R&D.
As an R&D Consultant, you’ll be expected help clients to get the best out of our services. You will have your own client book that you’ll be responsible for managing, all the way from initial client onboarding to congratulating them on their successful claim. You’ll be able to leverage your experience to shape our processes and make real changes happen. If you already have extensive experience in delivering tax credits claims, or CT tax equivalent, starting salary will be around £45k. For those we have to train on tax credits, the starting salary will be around £35k.
- Understand accounting
- Have a genuine interest in accounting and finance.
- A keen interest in software and tech.
- Comfortable speaking both on the phone and in front of clients, prospects and HMRC
- Effective written communication skills
- Experience managing a large book of clients featuring both SMEs and large companies
- A passion for technology
- Fantastic attention to detail and willingness to perform necessary administrative tasks
- Training or trained by Top 20 Accountancy Firms
A few months in, on an average day, you might:
- Visit one of your high-profile London start-up clients with a technical colleague and gather the information for their claim
- Liaise with another client’s FD or CEO to assess the qualifying expenditure
- Congratulate a client on a recent funding round
- Provide input to our dev team for how to improve our bespoke in-house CRM
- Do some self-study towards CIMA or another qualification you’re pursuing
- Close the work day with a drink on the terrace (if it’s sunny!)
Founded 7.5 years ago and employs 35 people. In our culture everyone has the freedom, power and trust to do their best work. We call this open culture. Our way of working aims to uphold human aliveness and commercial success simultaneously; it’s been successful for us so far, although it's not for everyone.
We offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and while this role will require you to attend face to face meetings, your time outside of those meetings can be as remote as you like. Our office is in the heart of the tech community. You can take up to 6 weeks as holiday each year.
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!