£35,000 - £45,000
11 months ago
- Understand accounting
- Have a genuine interest in accounting and finance.
- A keen interest in software and tech.
- £35k - £45k Max
- Standard working hours are 9am - 6pm
- No managers in the business
- Flat Hierarchy
- Small teams of about 6ish
- £2k each year towards training and development
- Up to 6 weeks holiday each year.
Deepen your R&D expert career in a totally flexible, autonomous environment.
Do you love the thought of working on a wide variety of clients, from SME to RDEC, manufacturing to software, from simple companies to large groups, driving both the technology and the financial side of each claim? Do you want to do all this in an autonomous environment where you have complete control and flexibility to both achieve results and a healthy work-life balance? Are you excited by the opportunity to broaden your skills across the business, from dabbling in marketing to designing R&D training?
If this sounds like you, read on!
We run an “open culture”, using innovative practices like Holacracy, complete financial transparency (including salaries), self-set pay, and flexible and remote working. We work with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximise their government funding opportunities. Our goal is to become the number one provider in the software space, and so we are expanding our delivery team across all levels of experience. That’s where you come in.
As an experienced R&D Consultant, you’ll be expected to build on your deep understanding of the R&D Tax Relief scheme, and get stuck in helping clients to get the best out of the company within a few weeks. You’ll have your own client book that you’ll be responsible for managing, all the way from initial client onboarding to congratulating them on their successful claim. You’ll be able to leverage your experience to shape our processes and make real changes happen.
A few months in, on an average day, you might:
- Visit one of your high-profile London startup clients with a technical colleague and gather the information for their claim
- Liaise with another client’s FD or CEO to assess the qualifying expenditure
- Congratulate a client on a recent funding round
- Provide input to our dev team for how to improve our bespoke in-house CRM
- Do some self-study towards CIMA or another qualification you’re pursuing
- Close the work day with a drink on the terrace (if it’s sunny!)
- Several years experience in delivering tax credits claims, or equivalent, including in-depth knowledge of the CIRD
- Comfortable speaking both on the phone and in front of clients, prospects and HMRC
- Effective written communication skills
- Experience managing a large book of clients featuring both SMEs and large companies
- A passion for technology
- Fantastic attention to detail and willingness to perform necessary administrative tasks
The company was founded 7.5 years ago and employs 35 people. In our culture everyone has the freedom, power and trust to do their best work. We call this open culture. Our way of working aims to uphold human aliveness and commercial success simultaneously; it’s been successful for us so far, although it's not for everyone (you might check out our GlassDoor reviews to learn more).
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. There is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £35-45k depending on experience.
Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfil your potential. We have a flexible approach to working, and while this role will require you to attend face to face meetings, your time outside of those meetings can be as remote as you like. Our office is in the heart of the tech community, near Old Street, and has a fab roof terrace. You can take up to 6 weeks as holiday each year.
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!