Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
12 months ago
Role: R&D Tax Senior Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £63k + Benefits
Who we are:
We are a leading Accounting and Advisory firm working with a big range of clients across the UK. We are a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. We have created our own unique culture, one that allows you to have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible structure, in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential.
Our clients are proud to work with us – they see that we help them unlock their potential for growth and recommend us to other similar, dynamic organisations. We are proud of our position in our local and regional markets and the reputation we have developed not just for the excellence of our client work but, as importantly, for the culture of our team.
Our team of almost 50 tax specialists encompasses the East of England and you will work closely and collaboratively with colleagues based across Leicester, Milton Keynes, Norwich, Ipswich, Chelmsford and Cambridge office. We promote an agile working culture and can be flexible as to daily working location as client and team commitments allow.
We are a flexible employer and can offer a range of flexible working patterns from part to full-time, as well as working from home.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for a number of client relationships, supporting them on a variety of business tax advisory matters. You will be their principle point of contact, working closely with them to understand business developments, ensuring they are up to date with their compliance obligations and legislative changes, helping them assess the impact for them and keeping abreast of opportunities
- You’ll also be responsible for the souring and delivering R&D tax projects and managing input from other tax colleagues (typically Transfer Pricing, VAT, employment taxes and stamp taxes), assessing that input and ensuring inter dependencies across taxes are considered. This may involve international tax content and require working with our extensive network of international member firms
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately and with relevant practical experience
- You’ll write high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner/director
- You’ll lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team, working with a great bunch of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best.
Who we're looking for:
- A Senior Manager must demonstrate depth of technical knowledge in own service area and apply this knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues. Can manage a team dealing with complex and demanding assignments on a day to day basis.
- You will have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You will know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. To do this we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You will seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You will apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- You'll have post qualified experience (ACA.CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You'll have experience of managing a sizable portfolio of tax clients
- Previous experience of working in R&D Tax departments.
- Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.