London, United Kingdom
10 months ago
Role: SAN Engineer
Location : London
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
We have delivered a transformed environment, serving around 3,000 users across a large, diverse organisation. As our technology has changed to suit this new organisation, we are moving to specialist roles in IT operations and have a vacancy for a SAN Engineer. The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships with key colleagues across the organisation.
Description - SAN Engineer:
This is an exciting opportunity, the SAN Engineer has responsibility for capacity planning, product lifecycles, platform optimisation, development and documentation, and the holder will be working alongside Infrastructure Architects to ensure that storage needs are catered for as part of any new implementation.
In addition, the Engineer will be working alongside the Operations and monitoring teams to ensure that the SANs are effectively monitored for capacity and performance within agreed tolerances.
The SAN Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that our data is solidly backed up using industry leading technologies such as Zerto and Veeam.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organization
- Strong storage design and management skills
- Good working knowledge and hands-on experience of administering and troubleshooting NetApp, Compellent, and Tegile Storage platforms
- Analysis and review of existing enterprise backup solutions, (Zerto, Veeam) working closely with Operations teams within IT
- Review of technical disaster recovery plans, working with team management to refine and improve as a continuous process.
- Excellent communication skills, both in verbal and written form – a willingness and ability to create and update technical documentation are a must.
- Ability to create run books to allow colleagues to take over day to day backup operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• A NetApp Certified Support certification is desirable for this role.