12 days ago
Salary £44k + Bonus (10%-20%) + 5% Pension + Other Benefits
We are a cross-border corporate advisory firm, and a subsidiary of Groupe BPCE
(Banques Populaires Caisses d’Epargne), France’s second largest banking group.
Through our core service lines, we assist our clients (principally French SMEs and mid-sized businesses) in the formulation and execution of their international development strategy and transactions.
With over 120 multicultural consultants across 13 countries, we are the leading French consulting firm for in-country subsidiary management services.
The Accountant’s main responsibilities and duties include:
- Managing a portfolio of clients ensuring timely & accurate production of financial statements, management accounts and reporting packs (including bookkeeping & payroll)
- Acting as major point of contact for clients together with the Business Line Manager. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Company incorporation and set up (including coordination of UK bank account opening, employment contracts, employee benefits)
- Performing Company Secretary duties for clients
- Use of Sage 50 or other cloud based solutions to maintain books and produce trial balance, profit &
- loss and other reports
- Processing monthly payrolls including general payroll queries and related issues
- Preparation of HMRC related returns including monthly PAYE/NI submissions and quarterly VAT
- Admin and any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Fluent French speaker (not essential)
- Minimum 4-5 years’ accountancy experience, 1-2 years PQE
- Excellent bookkeeping skills and fully experienced in the preparation of statutory accounts, VAT &
- other HMRC returns, payroll and management reporting
- Completely conversant in the use of Sage and Microsoft Office tools. Experience in the use of cloud based accounting solutions would be advantageous
- Recognise issues with European implications and act accordingly (eg VAT, taxation, FX, employment matters)
- Consulting mindset when analysing results and KPIs to deliver further value to clients
- Basic knowledge of UK Company law and company secretarial requirements. Experience of UK
- employment law would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Managing client and third party relationships from initial set up meetings, liaising with other key contacts, to on-going service issues; building trust and monitoring service standards
- Liaise with clients in a professional manner and deal quickly and effectively with client queries
- Maintain strong client relationships and confidentiality
- Ensure that the company’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to.