woking, United Kingdom
over 1 year ago
Salary: £55k to £65k
Location: Woking, Surrey
Who we are
An expert outsourced international shopper marketing and contract sales agency. The business originated as a tactical services provider and has evolved into a dynamic, software led provider of contracted sales to a strong base of long standing customers including Nestlé, Google, British American Tobacco, RB, Dyson, Heineken and Heathrow Airport. Our client portfolio shows our breadth of sector, channel and geographic knowledge and the heritage of many long standing partnerships. Our role is to grow sales for our clients by influencing shoppers at every stage of their shopping journey. We do this through taking big data sources from across the globe and turning these into relevant and actionable insights for each of our client’s geographies, markets, retailers and categories.
Skills and Requirements for Senior Android Developer
Must have: Senior Android Developer
- Excellent knowledge of Android Material design guidelines and best practices
- Experience of using the latest Android framework like Android Architecture Components (Room, Volley , ViewModel, LiveData)
- Excellent knowledge of building scalable code using dependency injection (Dagger, Kodein), RXJava, Retrofit/Volley
- Experience of building complex Android applications using the latest design patterns (MVP, MVVM etc)
- Experience working with a variety of web services data formats (e.g. JSON, XML, ProtoBuf), architectural styles (e.g. REST, GraphQL) and authentication schemes (e.g. OAuth2.0)
- Excellent understanding of Junit, Mockito and Expresso.
- Good understanding of Gradle and the Android Studio build process
- Experience in developing applications in Kotlin
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
- Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments.
- An interest in expanding your horizons and learning new skills as well as caring about doing things well.
- More senior candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and be able to tick a lot more of the nice to have boxes below.
Nice to have: Senior Android Developer
- We will be particularly interested in your application if you can tick some or all of these boxes too.
- Mobile development experience for iOS using native methods (Swift, Objective C). Our current focus is Android however iOS is on the horizon so being able to make a contribution to iOS as well as Android would be extremely desirable. If you haven’t done iOS development then we’ll be hoping that you are enthusiastic about learning.
- Full stack development - All of the server side aspects of our application are Microsoft Azure based. Candidates that already have some .Net skills or are interested in picking up Azure skills and C# .Net will be of particular interest.
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design and exposure to working with microservice architectures.
- Experience of test driven development, writing unit tests and solid understanding of how to write testable code
- Experience of working as a member of an agile team and familiar with agile planning and estimation techniques. A good understanding of the fundamental rationale for employing an agile approach
- Experience with using engineering practices that compliment an agile approach. Test driven development, source branching strategies (GIT Flow), continuous integration etc.
- Experience working with Jira, GIT and Azure DevOps / Azure App Center for source control, builds / deployment backlog and task management.