Reading, United Kingdom
18 days ago
Role: Senior Commercial Solicitor (Telecoms)
About the Department
Our in-house Telecoms Legal team provides support to the Telecoms business to ensure actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and manage legal risk, providing advice to the business in order to help them achieve their strategic goals.
What is the Role?
Our growing in-house Telecoms Legal team currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Commercial Solicitor to join them in supporting and advising on a broad range of legal matters. We operate an extensive telecoms network spanning the UK, offering leading edge services to business customers. We have ambitious plans for future growth and the role represents a fantastic opportunity to become a valued in-house lawyer.
Working within a friendly and collegiate environment you will provide proactive and pragmatic legal advice, working closely with the business on a range of legal, commercial and operational issues. The role offers excellent opportunity to engage with a range of stakeholders across the business and be involved in a variety of exciting projects that will drive the business forward as it continues to grow and transform. Collaborating with other teams in the business (Bids, Procurement, Commercial, I.T etc) you will apply your legal expertise, offer sound advice and become a key player, supporting projects from fruition to completion.
What do we need?
• A UK qualified solicitor with strong academics and circa 5 years or more PQE
• A strong grounding in drafting and confidently negotiating commercial contracts.
• Exposure to dealing with compliance, data protection and technology matters
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate legal issues in a business-friendly way and influence key stakeholders
• Able to effectively manage competing priorities and stakeholder expectations
• Previous in-house experience would be desirable but not essential. Candidates looking to move in-house will need to demonstrate good business and commercial skills.
• Ability to work well on your own and within a team, providing support and guidance to more junior members of the team as appropriate.
• As periodic travel between our offices throughout the UK is expected, a full UK driving licence is desirable.
Please be aware if you are successful, you’ll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We’re committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package.