30k to 40k
over 1 year ago
We support clients and companies undertaking industry leading and applied Research and Development activities to access their full entitlement to the Government sponsored R and D incentive regimes, including the credit and tax relief for SMEs, and the Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC)
for large companies.
Ideal candidate is someone who has come from the finance industry, and now wants to try something new and try more of a consultative role. We are looking for candidate with software development or an R&D tax relief background.
Reporting to the IT Director.
Open to experience from smaller companies, Big 4, top10.
The role provides you with the opportunity to explore and write reports about evolving and applied technologies across an extremely wide range of industries with the overlaid challenge of ensuring that the reports are robust and satisfy the appropriate Legislation, Guidelines and in-turn the expectations of HMRC, who oversees the R&D incentive claims.
You will have an opportunity to travel and meet with both large and small companies very early in your employment, which gives you first-hand experience of operations across many industries.
The company values the development of employees and pays particular attention to their continual training and growth with a flexible approach to accommodating each individual’s personal needs in the work place. Senior team members will actively take part in the training and mentoring of new employees. The role will build your skills in professional services associated with project management, formal and informal communication, people management, report writing and cost analysis.
Qualifications and skills
- 3 and/or more years’ experience in either software development or a software technical role or 1 to 2 years’ experience in R&D tax relief
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a technical subject i.e. software engineering, mechanical engineering etc.
- Think creatively, a thirst for knowledge, multi-task handling, strong in project management, confident, with a strong business sense.
Some of the day-to-day activities and duties will include:
· Attend client R+D incentive meetings, communicate qualifying criteria and taking coherent and relevant notes
· Build and develop working relationships with colleagues, clients and other third parties to develop further opportunities and business
· Identification and analysis of qualifying R+D projects, activities and expenditure ensuring R+D claims meet the requirements of relevant tax Legislation and Guidelines
· Apply R+D tax Legislation and BEIS Guidelines in assessing a diverse range of industries and fields
· Prepare R+D claim cost calculations and associated summaries of the method of assessment
· Liaise with internal and external finance and technical teams to ensure incentive claims are delivered accurately and on time
· Where enquiries are opened by HMRC, contribute to achieving a resolution
· Continuously develop own knowledge & skills and keep up to date on technical and financial knowledge
£2000 worth of training